JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I wanted to try out an SBR build on my .22 and was curious about some stuff.
Questions:
1. Are they legal in the WA?
2. If they are legal, how do I go about creating 1 the legal rought (i.e. Stamps, paperworks, etc.)
3. What shops would you recommend that can cut it down to size and also do thread to accomodate a suppressor?

I'm a newbie to SBR's so any info would help.

Thanks!

If you want a short barreled rifle and suppressor in WA you can do it - sort of; pin/weld a suppressor to a barrel to make it a permanent 16"+ installation or purchase an integrated/suppressed .22 upper that has the same length.

Then you are dealing with only one stamp - for the suppressor itself. Anything with stock and a barrel under 16" where the suppressor can be taken on and off will be an SBR and not legal in WA.

Something like this; .22/9mm - http://www.srtarms.com/custom.htm

Tornado Tech would probably do it.

Another alternative is the SBX barrel by Tactical Solutions - then the suppressor can be removed and used on other guns.

Yea I saw the Tactical solutions and Tactical innovations barrel but they're too long for my liking. I want it to be 16" with suppressor, so I'm looking at an 11" or 12" barrel. I'll check out that tornado tech.

Another vote for the Tac-Sol SBX. My Liberty Kodiak TL can only
sticks out about 3/4", making the barrel OAL with can right at 17".
The Tac-Sol Cascade is a bit shorter, getting down close
to 16" barrel and can.

Lots of good options out there. I would add that Thompson machine also makes an internally suppressed 16" drop in barrel for a 10/22. The 'Operative' retails for $575 (you can find them cheaper) which isn't too bad considering the cost of cutting, pinning, etc.

RIMFIRE SUPPRESSORS « Thompson Machine

Whichever way you go - make sure that whatever type of pinned suppressor you put on a 22lr can be disassembled for cleaning.

Yea I saw the Tactical solutions and Tactical innovations barrel but they're too long for my liking. I want it to be 16" with suppressor, so I'm looking at an 11" or 12" barrel. I'll check out that tornado tech.

They are a short barrel (12.25") with a 4" shroud permanently pinned/welded to the barrel for an overall length of 16.25" - most 22LR suppressors are 4-5" and fit perfectly. I don't have a suppressor to show, but here's my Tactical Solutions SB-X compared to my Bushmaster 16" with a flash hider. The SB-X is currently listed for sale or trade in the rifle parts classified forum located here.

P1010066.jpg
P1010068.jpg

P1010066.jpg

P1010068.jpg

Lots of good options out there. I would add that Thompson machine also makes an internally suppressed 16" drop in barrel for a 10/22. The 'Operative' retails for $575 (you can find them cheaper) which isn't too bad considering the cost of cutting, pinning, etc.

RIMFIRE SUPPRESSORS « Thompson Machine
I SO want that. Do you know of any dealerss in the PDX or north valley area that stock this?

I SO want that. Do you know of any dealerss in the PDX or north valley area that stock this?

Not likely to find one of the shelf, but if you call Brooks at Thompson Machine I bet he'll ship one to a local SOT. Curt's Discounts, etc.

(I have no affiliation with either Curt or TM, but have done business with both, and they are good vendors.)

They are a short barrel (12.25") with a 4" shroud permanently pinned/welded to the barrel for an overall length of 16.25" - most 22LR suppressors are 4-5" and fit perfectly. I don't have a suppressor to show, but here's my Tactical Solutions SB-X compared to my Bushmaster 16" with a flash hider. The SB-X is currently listed for sale or trade in the rifle parts classified forum located here.

View attachment 42675
View attachment 42676

So if I were to permanently pin the suppressor to the barrel, how does 1 go about cleaning the barrel and suppressor? Would you have to take it to a gun smith and have it clean by them?

Some of the 22 suppressors disassemble from the end. Just research the ones that do, and you wouldn't need to ever 'unweld' the suppressor.

So if I were to permanently pin the suppressor to the barrel, how does 1 go about cleaning the barrel and suppressor? Would you have to take it to a gun smith and have it clean by them?

It isn't the suppressor that is permanently pinned to the barrel, it is the shroud that is pinned. The can fits inside the shroud. You can still remove the suppressor for cleaning.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top