Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Question about SB 941 and 18-21 y/o Handgun owners/buyers

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by ryan126, Mar 31, 2015.

1. ryan126

ryan126 Gresham New Member

As a 19 year old gun enthusiast I am worried about the pending UBC bill. Obviously it is not a step in the right direction but my question is about buying a handgun as someone who is not 21. I realize that currently I can privately buy a handgun legally without going through a dealer but if SB941 is pushed through does anyone have any info on if/how that will affect people like me. I have tried to read the bill but as I am not a lawyer it hard for me to completely comprehend the legality of it. My worry is that since an FFL cannot sell me a handgun they also will not be able to perform a background check for my private purchase of a handgun.

dietrich, Dyjital and Stomper like this.
  2. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

That's actually a great question, kid. ;)

3. Nick Burkhardt

Nick Burkhardt NE Oregon Well-Known Member

Good point. As I understand the new law if your 20 year old daughter just finished community college and goes off to the "Big City" university to finish her studies, you can't gift her a pistol to keep by her bedside when living off campus.

More of the Liberal War on Women.

4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

But as long as she goes lesbian she's all right by them. :rolleyes:

5. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Damn good question......

I guess... it wouldn't allow because you submit to a federal check by the state agency..

Kind of like the pot issue. Legal in the state illegal on federal level.

Fed form will kick you out.

I'll gladly sell you a handgun and we can find out what happens, that is if I still have any.o_O

6. balaperdida

balaperdida eastern idaho Well-Known Member

Under GCA68, a FFL is prohibited from selling or delivering a handgun or handgun ammunition to any person whose age is less than 21. If I understand correctly, the FFL "receives" the handgun from the seller, then "delivers" the handgun to the buyer.