JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just escaped from Cali and I'm wanting to stock up in case they pass the same anti-gun BS here in Washington...at least I'll have the stuff grandfathered in, if I buy it before the ban.

I understand that the AWB currently being proposed by Bob Ferguson would prohibit future sales but not possession. If I bought some lower receivers right now and then built them out at a later time, would they be legally considered "pre-ban" rifles which could be legally owned under the grandfather clause? I'm asking this because I can't afford to buy the full rifles at this time but I could stock up on some receivers.

And also, if there's not going to be any registration of grandfathered rifles then how will they know which ones are pre-ban and which ones are not?

Thanks in advance for your help

You can probably assume that there will be registration of existing grandfathered guns the same way they do it in California. Mags will probably be grandfathered in as well.

You'll likely be able to own them but if you sell them it will have to be out of state.

All the info I've seen so far indicates that the legislation being proposed would not require registration of existing rifles. The main thing I'm wondering about is whether a pre-ban receiver would suffice as a way of legally owning an "assault weapon" after the ban. Like if the lower receiver is pre-ban but the upper is not...would that still be legal to own?

If there is no registration than how would they know you own anything? I'm sure they are assuming their new BGC system is followed 100% . "Banning" things means different things to different people but if they mean banning new "assault rifle" manufacture in the state that would mean they come up with a list of what makes an "assault rifle" for it to have any legal status. Its sort of like during the old '94 crime bill ban. If you had a "pre ban " receiver and built a new rifle out of it after '94 guess what... It wasnt a pre ban gun despite what 90% of the internet ( Yes, there was internet in '94 ) would have told you at the time. In short the gun ( rifle or pistol ) would need to be in pre ban configuration before the ban is instituted..

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top