JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi there. Have a quick question for you AR15 experts. I recently purchased an AR15 (thanks Z-PDX), and want to mount a scope on it. I noticed that the standard AR15 handle has a hole in the center of it, and am looking for the part/adapter to mount a weaver rail type scope, specifically a tacso Red dot. Anyone know the part I need? I have seen AR's with the handle and a scope mounted on them, just can't find them at the moment. :confused:

Thanks in advance.

G

carry handle scope mount they make several some with built in rings others that you use the ring of preference if a really tight zero and the ability to detach and reattach are important to you get a quality made one .

here is the one i would suggest A.R.M.S #2 but it speendy some of the cheaper ones will do as well but look for reviews

MountA2Carryhandle.gif

Cool, Thanks eldbillbo!! Looks like it has a 4.5 out of 5 rating, customers seem happy, at $15 it seems a decent value. I am not sure that I want to sink $60 into mounting a $32 scope LOL. For my plinking needs this one looks like it's right up my ally. I think I will give it a try.

Thanks again !!! ;)

Another option would be a old Colt AR scope. You can find both 3X and 4X Colt branded AR scopes on Gunbroker and evil bay. Ones with some wear on the finish are under $100. These have BDC and are really nice low power scopes.

421scope01.jpg

This is a Hakko "Blue Ring" Hakko made the Colt scopes and the Blue ring was the improved house brand.
hakko01.jpg

Glad the rifle is working out.

Here is a setup that I used to run with that rifle. It was an EoTech on a KAC rail.
View attachment 186717
This is a little more spendy setup that you were looking for, but it shows what can be done with an A2 upper.

There are several brands or rails that will fit a carbine, including: KAC, Troy and Daniel Defense. All make drop-in rails. Expect to pay at or under $200. Once you have these rails, you can mount any optic you like. Red dot optics work very well forward mounted.

Hope this helps.

- Z

Another option would be a old Colt AR scope. You can find both 3X and 4X Colt branded AR scopes on Gunbroker and evil bay. Ones with some wear on the finish are under $100. These have BDC and are really nice low power scopes.

421scope01.jpg

This is a Hakko "Blue Ring" Hakko made the Colt scopes and the Blue ring was the improved house brand.
hakko01.jpg

Barska any good? I've been eye-balling this one for a bit...

4x20 M-16 Carry Handle, Electro Sight Scope - Riflescope by BARSKA

Thanks -Z-. Yes the rifle is all you said. Very nice. Does that EOTech mounted on the front rail get in the way of the iron sites?
G

With the sight mounted but switched off, the irons can be used in the conventional manner. With the sight in the on position, the irons basically disappeard.

The good news is that, the sight can be removed and remounted (in the same spot) and it will return to zero.

Did you find a .22 adapter yet? Like this...
<broken link removed>

- Z

Did you find a .22 adapter yet? Like this...
<broken link removed>

- Z
I have not seriously been shopping for one yet. Still want to get one more AR (for the wife), and get those up and running. Then I hope to pick up the conversions for economics reasons.
Thanks again everybody for the great suggestions and information.
:s0155::D
G

Barska any good? I've been eye-balling this one for a bit...

4x20 M-16 Carry Handle, Electro Sight Scope - Riflescope by BARSKA

I don't know about this specific BARSKA scope but I have one of their SWAT models on my Remington 5R-Milspec that is opening some eyes at the range where I shoot weekly. Been shooting with it for well over a year and it's been great. Nice and clear, passes the "box test" regularly, and I'll buy another one if I build another rifle. For less than $300 I get all the performance I need in all kinds of light. For the price I can afford to keep a couple of spares on hand.

I've been looking at the Electro Sight for a while now and may get one for my HBAR.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top