JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
When doing a transfer, is the seller's previous background check for the pistol he's selling accessed? In other words, since this new law is in effect, will they check prior transfers to make sure you are the legal owner of a gun? Or is it just like shipping a gun off and just show ID?

I only ask because my brothers and I sometimes go in on guns together. We don't care who technically own the guns. We let each other borrow them and they go from safe to safe to safe. Sometimes one of us will really like a gun and just keep it (borrow it forever). Other times none of us care for it and we will sell it.

So with this new law, do we have to keep track of who did the background check for each gun? Or can any of us just go in with a valid ID and do the transfer?

Siblings are exempt if I remember right? Better check to be sure.

So as long as you and your Bro are not in dispute as to who owns the gun when you sell, it should be O.K.

Now if the gun was transferred to either of you after SB941 without following the new rules watch out!

It obviously can be proven you didn't comply, by manufacture date or a copy of a prior transfer done after SB941. Do they do that?

Why make the law if they aren't going to follow through?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top