JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm pretty sure the FFL can accept it. But if it's a non-FFL across state lines, then no you can't. Please research this however, because some guy on in the internet is probably not going to make a good defense or defense attorney if you get caught on a crime.

Ask the FFL you're selling to about specifics, they should know.

The specifics of gun laws are incredibly annoying.

I'm pretty sure the FFL can accept it. But if it's a non-FFL across state lines, then no you can't. Please research this however, because some guy on in the internet is probably not going to make a good defense or defense attorney if you get caught on a crime.

Ask the FFL you're selling to about specifics, they should know.

The specifics of gun laws are incredibly annoying.

I sent coctailer a message asking specifics to see if I needed to register the gun to my name or if a copy of the bill of sale would suffice. I guess I will see what he says,

By FEDERAL LAW.........you as an non-FFL OR resident cannot transfer a firearm to a WA resident. The transaction/transfer must go through an FFL.

Q: To whom may an unlicensed person transfer firearms under the GCA?

A person may sell a firearm to an unlicensed resident of his State, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may loan or rent a firearm to a resident of any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes, if he does not know or have reasonable cause to believe the person is prohibited from receiving or possessing firearms under Federal law. A person may sell or transfer a firearm to a licensee in any State. However, a firearm other than a curio or relic may not be transferred interstate to a licensed collector.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(d), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Q: From whom may an unlicensed person acquire a firearm under the GCA?

A person may only acquire a firearm within the person's own State, except that he or she may purchase or otherwise acquire a rifle or shotgun, in person, at a licensee's premises in any State, provided the sale complies with State laws applicable in the State of sale and the State where the purchaser resides. A person may borrow or rent a firearm in any State for temporary use for lawful sporting purposes.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and (5), 922(b)(3), 27 CFR 478.29 and 478.30]

Q: May an unlicensed person obtain a firearm from an out-of-State source if the person arranges to obtain the firearm through a licensed dealer in the purchaser's own State?

A person not licensed under the GCA and not prohibited from acquiring firearms may purchase a firearm from an out-of-State source and obtain the firearm if an arrangement is made with a licensed dealer in the purchaser's State of residence for the purchaser to obtain the firearm from the dealer.

[18 U.S.C. 922(a)(3) and 922(b)(3)]

Taken from the ATF site.

http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/unlicensed-persons.html#gca-unlicensed-transfer

Aloha, Mark

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show