Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

question about fair asking price on my fal

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by datruth, Aug 11, 2009.

1. datruth

datruth Tacoma New Member

It is a DSA STG 58 carbine, with bipod, about 300 rounds through it, great condition, 6 magazines and about 300 rounds of Lithuanian surplus ammo, one battle pack still sealed as well as dsa extreme scope mount

2. Creeper

Creeper Ravensdale, WA. Member

Prolly in the neighborhood of $1000 to $1200 for all of it. The ammo, depending on who is looking may have very little "added value".

Trades?

C

3. Miso Beno

Miso Beno Tacoma, Washington Member

I agree with Creeper, 1000-1200 should make for a quick sale.

4. NorthernBornRebel

NorthernBornRebel Keizer Member

Except that it's a STG-58, which means it is a kit gun.....may have been assembled by DS Arms or another reputable builder, but it's still a kit gun. What drives the price up is the ammo.

This is a link to the MSRP on the STG-58s.
    http://www.dsarms.com/STG58-Austrian-FAL/products/9/

I would value it in the $1000 range.....maybe a little more, maybe a little less.

5. Miso Beno

Miso Beno Tacoma, Washington Member

The only reason I suggest that the price is fair is simply due to the fact that anyone ordering one of those straight from DSA is going to wait 6-8 months to get their rifle. Last I checked they had very considerable back order.

6. bshnt2015

bshnt2015 CA & WA Member

If kit gun assembled with DSA receiver-?, what is the bbl? new or used? Kits run about
    $300-400.00 DSA gunsmithing $400.00-500.00. Break even at $1k. sounds about right.

7. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Those STG 58 "Kits" were from test fired only rifles that were in storage in Austria made under License from FN, by Steyr Mannlicher. The American made barrels cannot compare to these original and almost 50 year old barrels. So for a "kit" gun these are as a good buy and 1200 is a fair price with the ammo and DSA scope mount. You are losing money on this, you know that right?

SF-