JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have been doing research and can't get a straight answer.
I read with a stamp you can not modify a semi-auto to full auto unless you're a class 3 dealer / gunsmith.
If i took a registered semi-auto to a class 3 with appropriate paperwork can they "modify" my weapon to be full-auto?

Or if you're class 3 you can just do it for your own personal use?
I don't get it.

Or am i totally wrong all together and need to buy a pre-ban FA rifle...

Any info shedding light would be appreciated.

Even a class 3 dealer cannot modify a firearms to full auto. Only class 2 manufacturers can. If the conversion was done after 1986 it is the a post 86 dealer sample and cannot be transferred to individuals. they can only be sold to police agencies or military units. No individual officer can own it, just the department. Other dealers must also have a demo letter from an agency to purchase a post sample machine gun from a manufacturer or other dealer.

Only guns modified/converted/registered before 1986 can be bought and transferred to individuals.

Figured i would clarify more:

I have been doing research and can't get a straight answer.
I read with a stamp you can not modify a semi-auto to full auto unless you're a class 3 dealer / gunsmith.
If i took a registered semi-auto to a class 3 with appropriate paperwork can they "modify" my weapon to be full-auto? no

Or if you're class 3 you can just do it for your own personal use? no / it is for demo purposes. When you are no longer a dealer it must be sold or destroyed
I don't get it.

Or am i totally wrong all together and need to buy a pre-ban FA rifle... you need to buy a transferable (on a form 4) machine gun.

Any info shedding light would be appreciated.

Only guns modified/converted/registered before 1986 can be bought and transferred to individuals.

This.

The reason why suppressors, sbrs, sbs, and aows have risen in value proportionate with the rest of firearms. Yet machine guns have gone up 1000% since May of 1986.

Fixed supply + Increased demand = ridiculous prices.

If you have a license to build them, yes. If your license expires so must any FA in your possession. No citizen can own anything FA made after 1986 <-- date may off. Only LE and Military. That is why FA available to regular citizens have gone up, No more adding to the supply and more demand.

There is no legal way to make your gun full auto..... no exceptions, no work around. The only thing you can do is get one of the crappy bump fire triggers, or (and they do work well) a slide fire stock.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top