JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have just acquired 500 rounds of .22 ammo as described in title. The box calls it 22 LR CHP - 36 Grain. It's all brand new in boxes of 100, factory pack. Obviously it's hollow point.

Does anyone know if this is more than just 22 LR - in other words, can I shoot this in my Remington Nylon 66 22 LR auto loader rifle, or is it too much for that?

Can I shoot it in my Ruger 22 LR revolver?

Sorry to be so dumb, I'm not familiar with this cartridge.

Thanks for your help. :)

dsc01993x.jpg

dsc01994n.jpg

That is some of the best of the 22lr ammo. Feeds well in anything I have fed it too. My Browning semi auto has never hickuped 1 time with this stuff. I dont think 22lr can get to hot for a 22lr gun. :)

Very dangerous!

Strongly suggest you sell it to me ! :D

Just kidding, of course. Like tatto said.

Only wish all 22lr ammo was as good!

If your firearm is 'stamped' 22lr, you are 'good to go' with all 22lr ammo.

Frog.

If you have an autoloading 22, save the CCI for that. Use any cheap ammo you can find for the revolver. The reason I say that is because CCI is the only thing besides Remington Thunderbolt that I have never had any problems with out of my Ruger 10/22. Everything else, the bulk packs and bricks of Federal, Remington, or American Eagle, and I start to see misfeeds. With your revolver (or if you had a bolt action) you can shoot anything you want in 22lr with no concern of misfeeds. Have fun!!

If you have an autoloading 22, save the CCI for that. Use any cheap ammo you can find for the revolver. The reason I say that is because CCI is the only thing besides Remington Thunderbolt that I have never had any problems with out of my Ruger 10/22. Everything else, the bulk packs and bricks of Federal, Remington, or American Eagle, and I start to see misfeeds. With your revolver (or if you had a bolt action) you can shoot anything you want in 22lr with no concern of misfeeds. Have fun!!

And, off-topic, that's the reason I don't have a 10/22. I have a couple of friends who have them with the same results. I can never remember a misfire on that Remington with ordinary .22 LR but my friends have the problem you mentioned. I will admit that I haven't shot the nylon 66 for about 20 years because I was saving it. I just sold my other .22 beaters and am now going to use the nylon when I need a .22 rifle.

I sure appreciate all of the feedback I'm getting here, seriously, and thanks again.

$.02

Very good ammo,just wish they'd bulk-pack it to get the price down.
makes my stock 10-22 shoot halfway decent groups..........waaaaaaaay better groups than the bulk pack 'cheap' stuff.

And, off-topic, that's the reason I don't have a 10/22. I have a couple of friends who have them with the same results. I can never remember a misfire on that Remington with ordinary .22 LR but my friends have the problem you mentioned. I will admit that I haven't shot the nylon 66 for about 20 years because I was saving it. I just sold my other .22 beaters and am now going to use the nylon when I need a .22 rifle.

I sure appreciate all of the feedback I'm getting here, seriously, and thanks again.

$.02

I break in all my 22's with CCI,then run cheap federal!

Very good ammo,just wish they'd bulk-pack it to get the price down.
makes my stock 10-22 shoot halfway decent groups..........waaaaaaaay better groups than the bulk pack 'cheap' stuff.

Yep, again that's my experience with the 10/22. I wonder if something could be done with a 10/22 to make it use regular LR ammo better, like lightening a spring or something? My Remington nylon 66 loves any type 22 LR.

There's tons you can do- replace extractor, radius bolt, polish, polish, polish, pin firing pin, reset headspace, upgrade trigger (diy or kit). And don't overlook mags!!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top