JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Im posting this question for someone I know who is currently in "delay" status for a firearm from Keiths, He got a delay status and they told him he has a 30 day wait and told im the date he could pick it up in January. He goes back in the next day and says he wants to cancel the transaction and get a refund, and they tell him that will disqualify him from purchasing in the future...

I have my FFL but i dont do sales out of my home, just refinishing so I dont know the answer, But i didnt think NICS gave a date for pick up besides the standard 3 days if no "proceed" or "denied" response was received.

Is this just Keiths saying that because they dont want to refund his money ? Or is there some reason why canceling the transaction would disqualify him in the future ?

WOW I have NEVER had a FFL take my money prior to the BGC being completed. In Fact Wild Bills, Olies, and Wholesale Sports have all refused to even touch my money until the BGC is complete and they have a number to list on the form.

WOW I have NEVER had a FFL take my money prior to the BGC being completed. In Fact Wild Bills, Olies, and Wholesale Sports have all refused to even touch my money until the BGC is complete and they have a number to list on the form.

^^ This.
I've purchased many guns and while some places ask that you pay for the BG check before hand, I've never paid for the gun until the BG check was completed. Disqualify from purchasing in the future would only apply to purchasing at Keith's.
This sounds very fishy. I'd go get my money back and tell Keith's to pound sand.

If a FFL does not get a reply in 72 hours, at their discretion they can relase the firearm. They must also make a note on the 4473 form to that effect.

The NICS Examiner will provide the FFL with the date of the third business day after the firearm check was initiated. Business days do not include the day the check was initiated, Saturdays, Sundays, and any day state offices in the state of purchase are closed. If the FFL has not received from the NICS a final determination after three business days have elapsed since the delay response, it is within the FFL's discretion whether or not to transfer the firearm (if state law permits the transfer). If the FFL transfers the firearm, the FFL must mark "No resolution was provided within three business days" on line 21d of the ATF Form 4473. It is recommended the FFL record the date provided in the delay response on which the firearm may be lawfully transferred under federal law if a final determination of proceed or denied is not received from the NICS.

I have bought a few firearms from Keith. It seems they roll the cost for the firearm as well as the NICS fee all into the same bill so your charged for both at the same time and atleast for me, its before they send the information to NICS.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top