JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A bit off-topic, but somehow I don't see the liberal progressives, or 'libtards', being against Sunday liquor sales or any of the other blue laws that are prevalent in our state. I'd have to aver that would come from social conservatives.

A bit off-topic, but somehow I don't see the liberal progressives, or 'libtards', being against Sunday liquor sales or any of the other blue laws that are prevalent in our state. I'd have to aver that would come from social conservatives.

Are you sure about that?
After last November I'm starting to wonder if the liberal progressives havent turned into modern day prohitibitionists. The scare tactics they used to defeat the referendums were only surpassed by the scare and shockl tactics they used a few years ago to ban trapping and baiting bears.

Just for the record - Christian, conservative, pro privatization of hard alcohol, pro serving it 24/7, pro drinking it.
I also like dogs

Libtards love a nanny state. I can easily see Seattle's liberal soccer moms voting against it

We're muddying the waters a bit here. I'm saying that the tradition of blue laws in our state has a long history, tied to temperance groups identifying most closely with Methodists. I'm also saying, in a round about way, that money controls elections regardless or party affiliation.
After last November, it should be clear to everyone that big business interests: huge breweries, distributorships, and the like didn't want the initiative passed. More than $5 million dollars came from OUTSIDE the state to defeat the measure.

Atheist, conservative, pro privatization of all alcohol, pro serving it 24/7, pro drinking it.
I also like dogs, but I'm stuck with a no-good cat.

We're muddying the waters a bit here. I'm saying that the tradition of blue laws in our state has a long history, tied to temperance groups identifying most closely with Methodists. I'm also saying, in a round about way, that money controls elections regardless or party affiliation.
After last November, it should be clear to everyone that big business interests: huge breweries, distributorships, and the like didn't want the initiative passed. More than $5 million dollars came from OUTSIDE the state to defeat the measure.

Atheist, conservative, pro privatization of all alcohol, pro serving it 24/7, pro drinking it.
I also like dogs, but I'm stuck with a no-good cat.

I hear where your coming from, but the laws as they are now in Washington are pretty much the result of liberal/Seattles domination over the rest of the state, and what your seeing is just some good natured backlash against the nanny state we have become. There was a time when the people of this state were more independent minded and weren't obsessed about others drinking, smoking, and other things that end in "ing", and it was darn near a paradise then. We had lots of fish in the rivers, and deer and elk to chase in the hills, and I didn't get disapproving looks from Prius drivers when rolling down I-5 in my lifted Bronco.

Those were the days..

I hear where your coming from, but the laws as they are now in Washington are pretty much the result of liberal/Seattles domination over the rest of the state, and what your seeing is just some good natured backlash against the nanny state we have become. There was a time when the people of this state were more independent minded and weren't obsessed about others drinking, smoking, and other things that end in "ing", and it was darn near a paradise then. We had lots of fish in the rivers, and deer and elk to chase in the hills, and I didn't get disapproving looks from Prius drivers when rolling down I-5 in my lifted Bronco.

Those were the days..

It's OK, when the Zombie Apocalypse happens they will be no more :cool:

Anybody in Oregon remember when all the state owned liquor stores were painted green?

Ah yes, back in the day we called 'em the "green-front grocery"!!

And the stores in WA have the state seal with George Washington on it on the door, so if someone says "I'm off to the George Store" you know exactly what he's talking about.

As matters rest right now the State makes a fortune off of the taxes they get from state liquor stores.. the tax and revenue markup totals well over 50%. This system also allows for more State dependent/loyal workers, which is the lifeblood of Big Sister

think I'll go into the liquor smugglin' bidness. Split the difference between what the state makes you pay and what I can buy it for and everybody is happy ... or will be once the corks been pulled! Glad I am only a beer drinker. The prices I have seen in the liquor stores are enough to make a person quit cold turkey.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top