JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello All,
Recently moved to Washington state. I've been perusing the interwebs and this forum but didn't find what I was looking for (not that it's not there somewhere, I just failed at finding it). Can someone give me the low-down on owning an AR type pistol in this firearm unfriendly state? I don't want to start off by getting my tit in a ringer with the local LE. Thanks!!

At the moment, no problems whatsoever, except for how long it will take for the 4473 to clear.

Is the 4473 for pistols or SBR's? Or both? Or all guns? I don't really know much at all about AR's. I have hunting rifles, shotguns, handguns but looking to get something in a fun gun before they get shut down.

Last Edited:
Is the 4473 for pistols or SBR's? Or both? I don't really know much at all about AR's. I have hunting rifles, shotguns, handguns but looking to get something in a fun gun before they get shut down.

4473 is the form you fill out to buy any gun from any store, its what they use to perform the NICS check. If you bought any gun from any store in the past, you filled out a 4473 already.

4473 is the form you fill out to buy any gun from any store, its what they use to perform the NICS check. If you bought any gun from any store in the past, you filled out a 4473 already.

Gotcha, thanks. The guns I have purchased took less than 15 minutes to run through the process up in Alaska. I never knew what the form # was. I thought maybe this was something else that was AR specific. Again, appreciate the clarification.

It used to be that way here up until stupid leftists ruined it. Now it will take longer, but you can buy the lower, ship it to a FFL locally, and buy the upper shipped to your front door. You won't save on tax anymore because .gov ruined that too, but it does avoid some bologna because you are buying a lower which is considered an "other" on the 4473 form because it is not by itself a pistol, or rifle.

If you go with a AR Pistol you avoid I-1639 from what I understand since its not a rifle. Rifle background checks take 10 day minimum, my pistol came through in just 5 days depending on LE. My roommates AR rifle took 6 weeks to clear.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top