Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Question about a "Sten" Submachine Magazine 50 Rounder?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Springfield, May 24, 2013.

1. Springfield

Springfield Tacoma Member

I came across a all original Sten 50 Round Magazine. Anybody know anything about these? Thanks Y'all

2. MarkAd

MarkAd Port Orchard Well-Known Member

I know they fit the Sten. Often called the grease gun, The 50 round mag holds 50 rounds.
    Now what are you asking about them.

3. One-Eyed Ross

One-Eyed Ross Winlock, WA Well-Known Member

I don't think Sten made a 50 round mag, I think the largest they had was 32. Lanchesters (Royal Navy) had 50 rounders, if'n I disremember right...

4. CLT65

CLT65 Yamhill County Active Member

You are correct. They made 32s and 20s IIRC. From what I've read, the 20s were more popular as they were more reliable. Also, the Sten and the Grease Gun (M3) are totally different animals. The M3 is similar, but is a U.S. weapon in .45 acp.

I'm not really an expert on these types of guns. I have a friend who collects them, but class 3 guns are way out of my price range.

I do have a couple of Sten 32 rnd magazines in a box somewhere, but only because they were $1 each in a box of junk at a gun show.

5. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Pic would be of great help.