JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The PSL will drop in price if those new Dragonuvs/NDM86 from Hungary materialize.
Possibly. I question the build and overall QC on The new Hungarian SVD rifles. I've been following Kassnar and a lot of the forum discussion surrounding its development.

I doubt it will ever lower the prices of the NDM series, and certainly not the Tiger/KBI SVD rifles.

Not a chance I'd trade a Tavor for a PSL, unless I just wanted to trade up and find some sucker to give me a bit more money on resale. In the current market, the PSL might command a couple hundred dollars more, maybe. Otherwise I'd just sell the Tavor or trade it for a better DMR like a FAL, PTR, M1A, AR10, etc.

I've owned 3 PSLs all bought around $500 each and laugh at the suckers paying their inflated $2000 prices today. It's inferior in both accuracy and capacity compared to "long range" semi-automatics on the market, and commands an absurd price. It's not easily ambidexterous due to the odd stock shape. It's really really long, and there's little benefit to the length given the pencil barrel that heats up and strings shots pretty quickly. Also, while you can use surplus ammo it isn't the most accurate AND you cannot use heavy surplus thereby sort of defeating some of the point of cheap surplus. Also, the mags are rare, expensive, and not of the best quality.

A far better choice, in every respect, would be something like an M1A, or AR10, or FAL, etc. with match everything. Lower or similar price tag, able to more easily source better ammo, and uses common affordable 20 round magazines. Probably other things to consider too. And it's probably a better gun in every measurable and tangible respect.

At $500 or so, the PSL was a fun and interesting gun. But at current inflated prices you'd be silly to buy or trade into one because you're simply overpaying and much of that is due to speculation and scarcity, versus actual usefulness or performance.

Last Edited:
Why not get a AR10 and keep the Tavor....

Shooting 300+ yards isn't any incredible feat, and I sure wouldn't lose an X95 for it.

You can get an AR10 from palmetto for close to $500

Not a chance I'd trade a Tavor for a PSL, unless I just wanted to trade up and find some sucker to give me a bit more money on resale. In the current market, the PSL might command a couple hundred dollars more, maybe. Otherwise I'd just sell the Tavor or trade it for a better DMR like a FAL, PTR, M1A, AR10, etc.

I've owned 3 PSLs all bought around $500 each and laugh at the suckers paying their inflated $2000 prices today. It's inferior in both accuracy and capacity compared to "long range" semi-automatics on the market, and commands an absurd price. It's not easily ambidexterous due to the odd stock shape. It's really really long, and there's little benefit to the length given the pencil barrel that heats up and strings shots pretty quickly. Also, while you can use surplus ammo it isn't the most accurate AND you cannot use heavy surplus thereby sort of defeating some of the point of cheap surplus. Also, the mags are rare, expensive, and not of the best quality.

A far better choice, in every respect, would be something like an M1A, or AR10, or FAL, etc. with match everything. Lower or similar price tag, able to more easily source better ammo, and uses common affordable 20 round magazines. Probably other things to consider too. And it's probably a better gun in every measurable and tangible respect.

At $500 or so, the PSL was a fun and interesting gun. But at current inflated prices you'd be silly to buy or trade into one because you're simply overpaying and much of that is due to speculation and scarcity, versus actual usefulness or performance.
Good points, and I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but can you expand a little on the inability to use heavy 54r surplus in the PSL? I have an NDM in 54R, haven't shot it yet, and not very experienced with the 54R. Maybe others will find the info useful as well.

Good points, and I don't mean to hi-jack the thread, but can you expand a little on the inability to use heavy 54r surplus in the PSL? I have an NDM in 54R, haven't shot it yet, and not very experienced with the 54R. Maybe others will find the info useful as well.

Internet lore is that anything over 148 grains risks damaging the PSL receiver, busting rivets, etc. as it's not made for that. I don't know, cannot confirm, never tried it. Not wanting to find out at the cost of my $2000 rifle to confirm or deny such things. I'm just aware of it and won't use heavy ball in my PSL. And considering I have a LOT of loose ammo it makes it harder to identify...

Probably a similar issue with the M1 Garand, and being advised to only use surplus and not new factory more potent ammo.

The heavy surplus ammo does a number on the rear trunnion. Your NDM uses a different gas system, so is fine.

However, people have modified their gas block or installed an adjustable one and been fine using any ammo.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top