JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i am currently in talk to trade my colt 1903 .32 pocket hammerless 349xxx serial number in 90-95% original condition for a 1911 built from an essex frame with a colt ww2 slide and gi internals. i wanna know if this is a fair deal or if my gun is worth more being it is all original.

Without being able to handle each, and see condition. Also what exact parts were used, how, if at all, were they fitted. I'm sure somebody on here can give you a ball park, but..........................................

well the 1903 of mine is a very nice piece, still nice fit slide to frame, fires real tight and solid. feeds ammo real good without fail. my reasoning for trading it for a 1911 is simply this gun is a very nice collectable and i dont want to ruin it by using it for my cwp.

Like Phillyfan said, with a 1911 it really comes down to how well the work was done. The parts used really aren't as important as the quality of the fitting. If possible I'd try to keep your little collector piece and buy something else for carry.

I would keep your 1903, being its in as good of shape as you state.

I wouldn't touch any 1911 with an Essex frame, its a toss of the dice as the quality you're going to get. That 1911 is nothing more than a parts gun shooter, while on the other hand yours is all original.

If you're wanting a 1911 or A1 model, I would keep looking.

Dorkbone,
Take a peak on Gunbroker. A 1903 in what looks like 95% is asking over a grand (he won't get it) all others in comparable condition are in the 750.00. A 1911 on an Essex frame has no collector value. If it was me I would put your gun on GunBroker, you could probably get enough for like new Kimber Carry ll or something comparable. Just my 2 cents

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top