JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So this may be a stupid question. I have been using an old tried and true method for cleaning brass that NRA published years ago. However this is probably the 3 or 4 time using this brass and its color has changed after this last cleaning. See the pics attached. The shinny one is twice fired and cleaned. The 2 others have been used 3 or 4 times.

Does the color really matter? Is it still safe to use? All looks to be great except for the coloring of the brass.

Thanks
James

20190813_105536.jpg

I cleaned it again and it came out a little bit better. I think its just a bit tarnished and should still be fine. Thoughts or Opinions?

Thanks
James

20190813_114251.jpg

Last Edited:
Oxidation. Soft metals oxidize more quickly that harder metals like steel, SS or Ti. Have a tumbler? A few hours rotating around will do their appearance a world of good. In a semi-auto, it may also "slightly" improve function. I'm not only old, but old school. My favorite is walnut shell treated with jeweler's rouge. Not just clean, but polished way beyond factory new.

Already check and trim to 2.005 each and every time. Precise Measurements according to drawings are a common place in field of expertise. I'm holding myself to tighter tolerances than any commercial ammo manufacturing facility can provide.

Thanks thou for making sure.
James

Last Edited:
Here's a question. In all the reloading manuals nome of them really talk about case defects to watch out for with the exception of split necks and separated cases, major dents and bulging. Is there an article out there that shows what to watch out for and what would actually be a defect besides what's shown in ABCs to reloading and the Nosler reloading guide?

Thanks
James

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top