Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Quartzite Gun Confiscation

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Sasquatchvnv, Jul 28, 2011.

1. Sasquatchvnv

Sasquatchvnv Port Orchard Active Member

2. ZigZagZeke

ZigZagZeke Eugene Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2015 Volunteer

"I don't know the source of his animus towards me and at this point I don't care," Winslow said of Roth at a July 19 hearing.

Really, Joe? Are you that clueless? Where's the NRA when they are needed?

3. AMProducts

AMProducts Maple Valley, WA Jerk, Ammo Manufacturer Silver Supporter

I don't know what it is, there is a particular kind of psychosis that crops up in little desert towns like that. I don't know if it's due to a complete lack of anything better to do, but it sure seems that way.

That aside, this is a huge reason why we all should be very aware of who we are electing in local elections both to our city councils, boards, and especially judgeships. I know I've had to go to court a few times over the years, and when I had a good judge, I wrote his name down and made sure to vote for him next time, if I got a total stinker... well you can guess. As Tip O'Neill said "all politics is local". Best remember that next time you go to vote.

4. Redcap

Redcap Lewis County, WA Well-Known Member

Unbelieveable! With any luck, there will be a serious uprising in that little h3llhole town.

5. Father of four

Father of four Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

"I don't like firearms," he said. "I have nothing against anyone who wants to own a gun for protection, hunting, recreation, whatever, that's their business. But you bring the two things together – the fixed-minded people who for whatever reason are aggressive and confrontational by nature and bring in firearms and it's a bad combination. As far as name-calling goes, that's sophomoric. I just ignore it."

Sound like some LEOS i hear about and watch on videos.
    Shouldn't the judge take their firearms away?

"I am stunned this can happen in America! What's going on here?" Roth exclaimed. "I had a heads-up that the corrupt chief of police was going to try and disarm me. I didn't know how this was possible since I didn't break any laws that would've allowed him to do this."

Roth, 46, is outraged at the mandate, telling WND his constitutional rights are being "completely" violated

Thanks for the post and the heads up!

6. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Well, Quartzsite in January s hardly a "small town". There are usually 25,000-30,000 RV's camped out there, other times it is small.

Sure looks like civil rights suit waiting to happen to me. I'd sue to get my rights back, no question about it. Now, if there were actually death threats made in front of others then there may be a case, otherwise they shouldn't be able to disarm anyone.

7. Bigfoot

Bigfoot Clack Co. OR Well-Known Member

I think mine would have accidentally fallen out of the boat somewhere along the Colorado river.

8. SPU

SPU Southwest Oregon Old Fart

The town is more bizarre than the OP intimates. The Mayor has asked for a state investigation and alleges millions of $ are missing and that police that disagree with the Chief are on house arrest! Unbelievable...

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=324161

Talk about a police state! beyond corruption.

9. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

I see... POD PEOPLE!!

10. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

tyr·an·ny
    Definition of TYRANNY

noun \ˈtir-ə-nē\
    plural tyr·an·nies

: oppressive power <every form of tyranny over the mind of man &#8212; Thomas Jefferson>; especially : oppressive power exerted by government <the tyranny of a police state>
    a : a government in which absolute power is vested in a single ruler; especially : one characteristic of an ancient Greek city-state b : the office, authority, and administration of a tyrant
    : a rigorous condition imposed by some outside agency or force <living under the tyranny of the clock &#8212; Dixon Wecter>
    : an oppressive, harsh, or unjust act : a tyrannical act <workers who had suffered tyrannies>

11. salmonriverjohn

salmonriverjohn N.W Oregon coast, Gods country Well-Known Member

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  12. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

So keep putting these videos on YouTube and on your facebook pages so they can be seen everywhere.
    Maybe it will give more people the courage to put these stories out.