Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!
  2. We're giving away over $1,000 in prizes this month in the Northwest Firearms Winter Giveaway!
    Dismiss Notice

Quality

Discussion in 'Rifle Discussion' started by spectra, Apr 20, 2010.

1. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member

Am looking at a DPMS 308 rifle and am wondering how are there guns? I have a Stag now and love the quality of it. Figured I would throw it out there for the users to let me know what they think. I might just purchase a complete lower and add an upper later but found a good deal on a complete gun. Just let me know what you think:thumbup:

2. huntpotter

huntpotter SW WA Negotiator Bronze Supporter

I just broke in a new DPMS LR-308 AP4. It is a carbine version of the AR-10. It is chambered in 7.62x51. It fired 100 times with no problems or jams, although I cleaned it a few times durring the 100 rds. DPMS is just as good quality as Bushmaster, or Stag. I've seen some deals on DPMS 308s going for $1050 to $1150. The decked out one with free float, rails, and M4 stock, is closer to $1400. I put a new redfield 2-7x33 on it, and it shoots great with surplus ammo.

3. HITMAN

HITMAN Vancouver Member

Sounds a little cheap for you Scott, better just step up to a Barret... so i can shoot it of course..lol

4. spectra

spectra The Couve Moderator Staff Member

Just a post as you talked with me tonight:laugh: Well we won so no more beer drinking on tuesday:(

As for the DPMS will have to look into it a little more.

5. Benny503

Benny503 Grants Pass Well-Known Member

Scott if you ever come to Grants Pass, I will let you try my M1A. Someone you know must have M1A, see if you can play with it.... I used to in love with dpms 308 but after shooting dpms, saiga, cetme i prefer m1a.