JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
My son and I went out last weekend... and I dug out some magazines I had been saving. I havent shot this rifle in long time and only used the 5rd Ruger mag it comes with due to kids running through what ever is in the mag. I found a ProMag and some metal units. the Metal units work ok. Kind of loose in the mag well. This nice looking Polimer ProMag didnt load very well. the cartirdge was too far down and wouldn't make the ramp.

Any good recomendations for replacments? I need to get a few, would rather not "trial n error" with the next purchase.

thx

Factory mags are the only thing that have ever been very reliable in the Mini. I know there are some reports of people that have aftermarket mags that run well to decent but on the whole that is not the case.

Back before the Clinton Ban after MKT mags were built to a higher standard of quality.
Mini-14 and worse Mini 30 mags instantly degraded in quality.
Ruger factory mags are worth the extra money, last for a decade or more!

On my old Mini-30 I had to grind down and polish the lower breach to make a feed ramp for the after Mkt mags, this was years before factory 20 rnd mags appeared. I don't know what the 500 series Minis look like inside today

I regretted selling mine back in the 80s, SS w/factory folding stock. Finally got a new 580 series all weather ranch 3 years or so back. Love it too but it doesn't have the cool factor my "A Team" shooter had!

I went to the Mini when I got back from asia because M-1 carbine ammo was non-existant, 556 reloads were $86. per 1000 and I hated ARs! (AKs were still 20 years in the future)
Now I own 2 Mini's and 3 ARs (no carbines or AKs, still hate AKs)
Since the end of the Clinton AWB ARs have Flourished!
Like the old VW Bettle, one follows the flow of history, written by Stonner

I've had some great luck with some no named 20 rd metal mags. They look just like factory 20rd mags. Never once had a issue with them. From what I've notice, most all 20 rd mags work great, it is the 30 rd and bigger that have issues.

Well I will try out the metal mags I have this weekend, but will keep an eye out for the Factory, especially now that ruger is making mags bigger than the old 5/10 rd styles....Thanks to all for your inputs.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top