JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
been wanting to get a quality ghurka kukri style fighting knife/machete for a while now. I need something mid level. something affordable, but that will still hold an edge and not bend or break at the worst moment... anyone have any advise?

Rajah I FTW

DSC01710.jpg

check out the quickdraw.. my video

YouTube - cold steel rajah I quick draw

how's it hold up to use?

Painted on finish has scratched off a bit. But resharpens good and holds an edge. Rubber grip is still solid. Sheath is still solid. Decent deal for $20.

No offense but why have a fighting knife you can't carry on a daily basis IE folding style...

if you plan on being in a knife fight ahead of time bring a gun

This is best for a camping knife in the western world, but I don't see why you couldn't carry it, if you wanted to. The people of India and Nepal have carried them for a hundred years. There are many more uses for a knife than killing people.

if you plan on being in a knife fight ahead of time bring a gun

I always do... and if I were planning on a fight to begin with I'd bring several guns, and all my friends with guns....

on the knife note. I'm not going to be carrying that around in my pants, good lord I already have one big tool I have to lug around down there...

I'm looking at something that I can strap on while camping, or strap to my "get home bag" in my trunk. Just in case I have to chop down wood or chop into zombie skulls on my way home... no real fighting intended.

I used to know an ex-Special Forces veteran who served and trained with the Ghurkas "someplace." I had an interest in their kukhris, and he told me that the genuine Nepali manufactured blades were often not really made from good steel. They used whatever scrap steel that they could find, usually leaf springs from old trucks, and during forging and grinding the steel temper was completely burned out of them. The fact that these blades were old did not necessarily mean that they were good, unlike Western steel knives. Myself, I'd buy anything from Cold Steel, and EVERYTHING if I could!.....................elsullo

I used to know an ex-Special Forces veteran who served and trained with the Ghurkas "someplace." I had an interest in their kukhris, and he told me that the genuine Nepali manufactured blades were often not really made from good steel. They used whatever scrap steel that they could find, usually leaf springs from old trucks, and during forging and grinding the steel temper was completely burned out of them. The fact that these blades were old did not necessarily mean that they were good, unlike Western steel knives. Myself, I'd buy anything from Cold Steel, and EVERYTHING if I could!.....................elsullo

Yep, my mom brought one back from Kathmandu for me 15 years ago... It's quite sturdy, but only due to the fact that it's extremely thick.

If I wanted a big utility knife to carry around in the woods or keep in my zombie emergency box, I'd just get a plain old machete. There are plenty of folks in Rwanda who can vouch for their effectiveness.

WarBlade.jpg

Yep, my mom brought one back from Kathmandu for me 15 years ago... It's quite sturdy, but only due to the fact that it's extremely thick.

If I wanted a big utility knife to carry around in the woods or keep in my zombie emergency box, I'd just get a plain old machete. There are plenty of folks in Rwanda who can vouch for their effectiveness.

WarBlade.jpg

Danny Treo's stereotyped nastyness is probably mostly based upon being always stereotyped! He is reputed to actually be a sweet and friendly guy, as well as an actor of more depth than he gets to show.........................elsullo

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top