JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
6c1a8e78-c7f6-4dc4-9562-20795edcdd50_zpsg8tx1kvg.jpg

This was apparently from a brand new revolver. I can't imagine it's cheaper to let customers perform the final inspection, and then have to send it back for correction.

View attachment 334230

This was apparently from a brand new revolver. I can't imagine it's cheaper to let customers perform the final inspection, and then have to send it back for correction.

Just following the highly profitable Microsoft business model... Let people pay us to beta test and QC our products, and count on a sufficiently high pass/forgiveness rate to offset a foreseeable (but acceptable) occurrence of repairs/replacements.

Just following the highly profitable Microsoft business model... Let people pay us to beta test and QC our products, and count on a sufficiently high pass/forgiveness rate to offset a foreseeable (but acceptable) occurrence of repairs/replacements.

GM gas tank issue and acceptable death vs costs.

Accountability. Or in this case lack of. It is our responsibility as end users to complain hard and long. If enough of us complain then eventually heads will roll along with their entire family line?

Well, perhaps not quite that much. But close. Perhaps it is a generation thing. We were taught responsibility, honor, corrective action and stuff. Do not know about today. Different world?

WTF :eek:

Surely they have a step where someone gives it the once over before it goes out the door!?

Yes they do. Problem is there is a human doing it. Some times it's Friday, or Monday, or someone is talking to them, and on it goes. When Now something this bad had to get by a few people not just one. Sadly it does happen. There is no mass manufactured anything that never has a problem get out.

This is from a Ruger Bisley .480.

CNC machines do absolutely everything, then a monkey puts the parts together.

Ruger has the best customer service department in the world. As soon as a customer complains, they get a free shipping label, and two weeks later, a repaired product. Actually, often a brand new replaced product.

But it shouldn't be this way. Even though I know Ruger will fix it correctly, it's a pain in my bew-tocks to have to mail it back, and then have to wait for a product I already was excited to use.

And it's not just Ruger! It's Chevy and Ford and Dodge and Smith and Wesson, and Whirlpool and Remington and and and...

WAYNO.

Yep, as there are more and more humans on this rock, manufacturers have to make stuff faster and faster. A few turds make it through. They will make it right, but I understand the waiting game sucks on a brand new piece.

Sad, I know that they will make it right but you should have not had to deal with it in the first place. I've been in quality assurance for forty years and believe me I know some crazy stuff can make it out the door!

Maybe I am too finicky but one of the major reasons why I have not YET purchased that expensive new AR15 rifle is that the factory guarantee disappears if I take the rifle completely down. If I take the rifle down usually I will find several small/big things wrong with the build.

Or .... the rifle will be shot off the bench and the front and rear OEM iron sites will be way off. Usually canted to the left rear OEM apertures. Our standards were less than 2-4 clicks from being dead center down the pipe right to left. Not very impressed with factory builds.

That begs the question of doing my own. The problem there is that all the special tools, gigs, gages and etc. were sold off years ago. I do not have what it would take to do a correct precision build. I do not trust the factory to do me a precision correct build. Bummer.

May be no solution. Yikes! :)

Unfortunately shipping guns with manufacturing defects is a pretty common thing. The last two that I purchased had to go back to the manufacturers for repairs, one before I fired a shot and the other after the first range trip.

View attachment 334230

The person whose job it was to do final QC inspection of that revolver before it went out the door should have wear that taped to his forehead and worn around the factory for a week.

Oh come on, a little JB Weld will fill that right in! :p

Sad to see this get out the door though. I can't tell if that's a tooling mark of some kind (my first guess) or if it was some kind of imperfection in the metal that only became apparent after the milling process. Either way, that should never have made it out the door in that condition. From a pure liability standpoint, that is more than just a cosmetic issue, that could lead to a potential failure, and that could cost them millions in court if it did fail.

I do agree about Ruger's customer service. I've not needed them much, but when I have, they've been great.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top