JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It would be nice if all guns came with a little (P) and some acceptance initials. :rolleyes:

DSCN4636.JPG

Last Edited:
Question:
How did you miss that when you bought it???

Sheldon

First of all, it's not mine, but an acquaintance. Second of all, out here on the far left, you'll seldom see such a gun that's not plastic and/or black for sale in a store, so we must buy such guns online from the big online gun stores like Buds or Tombstone. When we buy online there is no chance to inspect it before we buy it.

And when I moan not having real gun stores, the youngsters are quick to point out that I'm a dinosaur, and the days of real stores are numbered. This is one example of why I don't want to conduct my life on the internet.

WAYNO.

View attachment 334230
This was apparently from a brand new revolver. I can't imagine it's cheaper to let customers perform the final inspection, and then have to send it back for correction.

Sorry you have to deal with this
A good reason to buy local as you can look it all over before accepting a gun and paying for it.
If it proves to be defective later, you can take it back to the local shop and let them deal with it, with Ruger and/or the distributer.
I've found defects on new guns, even guns I've ordered in at a local shop, and refused them.
jmo
:D

Sorry you have to deal with this
A good reason to buy local as you can look it all over before accepting a gun and paying for it.
If it proves to be defective later, you can take it back to the local shop and let them deal with it, with Ruger and/or the distributer.
I've found defects on new guns,
jmo

Like I keep saying, if I could buy local, I would.

Yes. And that's what I do. So when it comes in the mail to my FFL, it's too late to inspect it.
Sounds like you bought it online and had it sent to your local FFL, as your gun, rather than having your FFL order it, like I'm suggesting.
It doesn't mater at this point, but if your FFL orders if from Davidson's it'll have a life time guarantee too, but I'd ask if a gun is "ordered in", at what point do I "own it".
www.galleryofguns.com - Buy guns online, top brands, best price, best service, best warranty; all types of firearms: revolvers, rifles, pistols and shotguns.
Just something to consider next time, as an option, but I'm sure it'll cost more that way.
end of drift...
I lived in Wilsonville a while back and saw a lot of Cowboy shooters at the ranges up that way, they must have a friendly shop that will deal in single action revolvers.
I hope you and your friend can get this resolved.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads