JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay, I think I have all the parts ordered that I need. So now the wait. Darn covid19!! I had to do a mixed bag order from Numrich and JG Airguns to get what I think I needed. Will take a few pics and post when I get to that point since the schematics if you can call them that are pretty vague. Still I enjoy the challenge.

Thanks for the help and now back to working on the Savage stock.:s0023:

Okay, I think I have all the parts ordered that I need. So now the wait. Darn covid19!! I had to do a mixed bag order from Numrich and JG Airguns to get what I think I needed. Will take a few pics and post when I get to that point since the schematics if you can call them that are pretty vague. Still I enjoy the challenge.

Thanks for the help and now back to working on the Savage stock.:s0023:
I'm so spoiled by Midway USD, Brownells and Optics Planet. :rolleyes: First world problems. :)

If you need something made or altered tomake if work i can hook you up with a friend that has a complete machine shop just north of Arlington.
By the way you have a neat rifle that has a lot of centimental value.
I have one similar but a lot newer then yours.

20200824_212426.jpg

If you need something made or altered tomake if work i can hook you up with a friend that has a complete machine shop just north of Arlington.
By the way you have a neat rifle that has a lot of centimental value.
I have one similar but a lot newer then yours.

View attachment 754725
Awesome. I really appreciate the input. I'm still waiting for the rest of the parts to come in then we'll see what happens. I'm not a gunsmith or machinist so will be an adventure.
I love the picture. I don't recognize the rifle in the pic so what the scoop on it?

I bought one back around 1971 or 72 when I was about twelve. Sold it shortly afterwards.

I seen this one at the pawn shop the went out of business a couple of years ago on the west side of Mt. Vernon, I paid $200 for it.
I took it out shooting when I first bought it, not it just hangs above my reloading shelf.
Reminds me of my younger days.

I picked up an odd ball a few years ago. A Sheridain 22lr single shot pistol. The only real gun Sheridain ever made. They made 5,000of them in two years. It is called a knockAbout.
I can dig it out and post a picture.

I bought one back around 1971 or 72 when I was about twelve. Sold it shortly afterwards.

I seen this one at the pawn shop the went out of business a couple of years ago on the west side of Mt. Vernon, I paid $200 for it.
I took it out shooting when I first bought it, not it just hangs above my reloading shelf.

I picked up an odd ball a few years ago. A Sheridain 22lr single shot pistol. The only real gun Sheridain ever made. They made 5,000of them in two years. It is called a knockAbout.
That would be neat. Funky looking gun with an S logo on the grips, looks like it must be Superman's gun. :)

Thanks pretty cool. Not sure I'd hang mine in the garage because of uncontrolled temperatures. It brings back wonderful memories though. It was the first gun I shot as a youth then it went back to Dad and I went on to other guns. Not sure of its history during decades when Dad had it tucked away. He didn't hand it to me until about 15 years before he passed so it has sat quite a while in storage. I knew it had a broken firing pin, missing extractor, spring, and a broken screw so I wasn't real anxious to start into it but I've dug a lot deeper into the history of it so that has definitely sparked my renewed interest.

Just in case you haven't already come across this book, here's a link to a relevant Amazon listing:
"Quackenbush Guns" by John Groenewold

Sadly, the book is out of publication, but there seems to be one used paperback copy available for only $210. Jump on it quick before someone beats you to it.

On edit: I found another listing for the book with a more reasonable $44.95 price tag. That same site, JG Airguns, includes this list of available Quackenbush parts.
At the insane price of $3.60 I just cant afford one of these beauties and I wonder why anyone would need a bicycle rifle. Was the idea that on the way home from a long day of working in dee coal mine going down down that u cud pickup dinner to go on the way home so the wife waiting impatiently by the door pot in hand for ur squirrel? Rich/San Jose

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top