JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone else think the car just went off the cliff? Germany and China are yelling about it and yet our media is compleatly ignoring the international screams... Joe public is gonna be blindsided when gas hit 5 bucks a gallon. Combine with very high real unemployment stagnet wages and the .gov bennies running out.... How long till people realize we sold our first world status to china for a bigger house and a flatscreen in every room?

My timetable moved up alot on this one...
How about you?

QE2 will make you lose 20% of the value of the dollar by March. Then comes QE3 and QE4. By the time this finnishes America will be no more as you know it.

jj

QE2 is the answer those who are opposed to American consumerism have been looking for. For ages.
Want to slow down oil consumption and CO2 production?
Raise the price of oil. (which has it's own effect on the price of EVERYTHING)
Want to free up additional food stores for the rest of the world?
Raise the price of farm commodities.

Want to "level the playing field" for the lower 95% of 'mericans?
Want to "bring equity" to the rest of the world's impoverished, and see how they live?

All you need to do is raise the price of EVERYTHING!
And while you are at it, you get to reinforce the financial position of those at the top.
And since there is no incentive for investments, (like tax breaks,... Oh the horror!) the bankers can roll around in their piles of cash like the Scrooge McDucks they are!

Haven't you ever seen "The story of stuff"?
We 'mericans consume too much.
There isn't enough "stuff" for the rest of the world.
Our consumerism is unsustainable.
The waste we generate is poisoning the worlds oceans, soil, air and fresh water supplies.

Any good social justice/enviro cause/Kyoto-AGWgeek/sustainability/leftist will tell you that what has taken place may be bad for 'mericans for the time being, but will benefit the earth and her downtrodden in the centuries to come.

C'mon! Get on board the "O" express. Have some Kool-Aide and "Don't Worry, Be Happy!"

Welcome to the proletariat comrade!!

I try to not buy into a lot of the super collapse theories I read about from most survivalists and preppers, but I've got to admit, QE2 and the spectre of hyper-inflation is really giving me the spooks right now.

I just can't figure out if the tin foil hat folks are correct or if it's criminal stupidity... But as the last talented French general said never put to conspiracy what can be blamed on incompetence. I'm sure that's not exactly right but you get the idea. Iv seen the 20% inflation number getting thrown around too. That alone will eliminate what's left of the middle class.

It's criminal behavior, plain and simple. The federal reserve serves the ruling class. Monetizing the debt would be in the interest of the ruling class at the cost of everyone else.

High inflation benefits spenders/borrowers and hurts savers. Who's the biggest spender? The government generational thieves.

I was never into TEOTWAWKI. Most of my prep has been for natural disasters. But somehow I got to reading about Argentina which got me thinking about Russia etc... We are not immune. I still don't buy the supercollapse but the USA could slide from first world status.

That's pretty much the boat I'm rowing in as well. I'll miss being in 1st place.

-d

That's pretty much the boat I'm rowing in as well. I'll miss being in 1st place.

-d

The truth is that India and China WILL overtake the State as world superpowers in the next couple of decades. My concern is can we stay thoroughly modern ala Europe, or do we collapse into bubblegum hole status like Mexico and other Latin nations?

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top