JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm stuck, and I can't seem to figure this out.

I'm looking at buying a Rex Silentium MOD X 308.
What I can't figure out is how to make sure it will fit on all my ARs with a QD, and still be able to use other barrel accessories like a linear compensator.
I keep finding mostly muzzle brakes with an external QD, but I can't seem to find the adapter that would fit the MOD X, which has 1-3/8x24 threads.
Pretty much every rifle has the linear compensator on hard enough that it requires a tool to remove it. That doesn't lend itself to swapping out the suppressor at the range, not that I would want to do that when its hot!

The linear compensators are 1/2x28 for the 5.56 rifles and 5/8x24 for the Grendel, but I put a Kaw Valley Mach3 on the 300blk, and it has a 5/8x24 to 1-1/8x28 adapter.
So, I feel like I either need to find a different suppressor that uses 1-1/8x28 or just not use any linear compensators anymore. Even if I went that route I'm not sure what to attach the suppressor with, and I certainly don't want to wear out the barrel threads moving the suppressor around.

Am I over thinking this? Should I only put it on one or two rifles?
I feel like I'm over thinking this, but I've started from scratch a few times thinking I'm going to end up not using the current compensators anyway.

The Rex Silentium MOD X 308 includes an end cap that is compatible with a direct thread 5/8x24 barrel. You could easily swap out the end cap for something like this 1.375x24 QD end cap. https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Rearden-Atlas-Silencer-Mount-1-375-x-24-Compat-p/rearden-10033.htm

Then you would need to buy a '' Q plan B" style muzzle device for each gun you wanted to use the suppressor with.

1-3/8x24 threads.
This is the inside thread of the back of the can. You can then pick any mounting platform you want and use those muzzle devices.

For example, I like plan b style muzzle devices. So I use plan B compatible mounts on my cans.

Mount goes on suppressor not gun barrel.

Mount:
1686345243934.jpeg
Muzzle brake/flash hider/linear brake goes on threads of the gun barrel.

Example:
1686345362524.jpeg
Mount internal threads and muzzle device threads match.

Muzzle devices come in many common threads for common barrel threads. Buy muzzle device for barrel threads.

Hope these pictures help clear up what sounds like lack of knowledge on subject more than overthinking.
1686345483449.jpeg

The Rex Mod-X is a great can for the money.

I recommend and run the plan b style mounting system. I primarily run muzzle devices and adapters from Rearden or Liberty Precision. You would purchase the appropriate thread pitch muzzle device (muzzle break, flash hider, minimalist, etc...) and then purchase one of the can adapters in the HUB 1.375x24 thread pitch.

Rearden: https://www.reardenmfg.com/
Liberty Precision: https://libertyprecisionmachine.com/

Not sure if I am thinking of the same device you are calling a liner compensator but you can then pick up these to divert muzzle blast when not running a can: https://libertyprecisionmachine.com/product/blast-shield/ and they screw right onto your new Plan B muzzle devices just like your adapted can. The taper on the plan b system keeps the mounting threads from carboning up.

The Rex Mod-X is a great can for the money.

I recommend and run the plan b style mounting system. I primarily run muzzle devices and adapters from Rearden or Liberty Precision. You would purchase the appropriate thread pitch muzzle device (muzzle break, flash hider, minimalist, etc...) and then purchase one of the can adapters in the HUB 1.375x24 thread pitch.

Rearden: https://www.reardenmfg.com/
Liberty Precision: https://libertyprecisionmachine.com/

Not sure if I am thinking of the same device you are calling a liner compensator but you can then pick up these to divert muzzle blast when not running a can: https://libertyprecisionmachine.com/product/blast-shield/ and they screw right onto your new Plan B muzzle devices just like your adapted can. The taper on the plan b system keeps the mounting threads from carboning up.
Correct the idea behind a linear compensator is it throws the gas and the sound forward. I'm running the Kaw Valley Mach 3 on my 300Blk rifle, and then their smaller ones on my 5.56 sbrs. I always get a ton of "why do you hate flash hiders?" Tl;Dr: when my wife and I go to the range its so much less of a distraction than getting hit with gas from your neighbor. Really became an etiquette thing for us. I get told how nice it is to shoot next to us. Everyone else seems to be running muzzle brakes or flash hiders, so it becomes a good conversion piece.
https://kawvalleyprecision.com/product/kvp-mach-3-modular-linear-comp-body/

It would be awesome to get a plan b with a 1.125x28 thread pitch, I could put that on the bottom of the Mach 3 and call it a day.

This is the inside thread of the back of the can. You can then pick any mounting platform you want and use those muzzle devices.

For example, I like plan b style muzzle devices. So I use plan B compatible mounts on my cans.

Mount goes on suppressor not gun barrel.

Mount:
View attachment 1435129
Muzzle brake/flash hider/linear brake goes on threads of the gun barrel.
That's what I figured, but I was also trying to find a 1-1/8x28 mount as well so I could move the Mach 3 linear compensator around to whatever rifle wasn't using the Mod X.

That's what I figured, but I was also trying to find a 1-1/8x28 mount as well so I could move the Mach 3 linear compensator around to whatever rifle wasn't using the Mod X.
Me thinks KV made those with that off sized thread so folks don't go and make suppressors using their products.

Ecco machine makes a bunch of odd thread pattern adapters. Might be worth checking them out.

Once you have your suppressor, you are not going to want to shoot with the linear comp anymore....

You are overthinking it.:s0094:
Agree. I have aTB brake that screws into my TBAC. I don't want to buy a brake for every rifle I own. Have to thread all them on anyway. So the break stays with the can. Works for me. I don't shoot unsuppressed much.

Once you have your suppressor, you are not going to want to shoot with the linear comp anymore....

You are overthinking it.:s0094:
True statement, won't want to shoot unsuppressed, BUT... sometimes my wife goes to the range with me and can is going into the trust. I'm not over thinking it... I'm just thinking I'll be the one without the suppressor. (Fun side note, when we talk about our SBRs in front of her mom we call them "the brooms," cause you know... they are for sweeping the house)

I'm stuck, and I can't seem to figure this out.

I'm looking at buying a Rex Silentium MOD X 308.
What I can't figure out is how to make sure it will fit on all my ARs with a QD, and still be able to use other barrel accessories like a linear compensator.
I keep finding mostly muzzle brakes with an external QD, but I can't seem to find the adapter that would fit the MOD X, which has 1-3/8x24 threads.
Pretty much every rifle has the linear compensator on hard enough that it requires a tool to remove it. That doesn't lend itself to swapping out the suppressor at the range, not that I would want to do that when its hot!

The linear compensators are 1/2x28 for the 5.56 rifles and 5/8x24 for the Grendel, but I put a Kaw Valley Mach3 on the 300blk, and it has a 5/8x24 to 1-1/8x28 adapter.
So, I feel like I either need to find a different suppressor that uses 1-1/8x28 or just not use any linear compensators anymore. Even if I went that route I'm not sure what to attach the suppressor with, and I certainly don't want to wear out the barrel threads moving the suppressor around.

Am I over thinking this? Should I only put it on one or two rifles?
I feel like I'm over thinking this, but I've started from scratch a few times thinking I'm going to end up not using the current compensators anyway.
I went with Key-mo for everything. Very easy to use, at the expense of weight.

And back again... suppressor purchased, waiting on Form 3 to my FFL.
Still waffling over muzzle devices. From what I'm reading its just fine to do flash hiders on the 5.56 and 300blk rifles, not enough kick to warrant a brake. For the 6.5 Grendel I should do a muzzle brake in the instance I may need to shoot unsuppressed, remote possibility but I would rather have a brake than a flash hider (right now it has a linear comp).
Looking at grabbing two or three of the FHD (flash hiders) one in 5/8-24 and one or two in 1/2-28

Looking specifically at the DPB for the Grendel, but is it too long? The listed calibers they have are .280 .290 .375 and .40. 6.5 Grendel is .25... so do I buy the smallest one?

Still waffling over muzzle devices. From what I'm reading its just fine to do flash hiders on the 5.56 and 300blk rifles, not enough kick to warrant a brake. For the 6.5 Grendel I should do a muzzle brake in the instance I may need to shoot unsuppressed, remote possibility but I would rather have a brake than a flash hider (right now it has a linear comp).
Looking at grabbing two or three of the FHD (flash hiders) one in 5/8-24 and one or two in 1/2-28

Looking specifically at the DPB for the Grendel, but is it too long? The listed calibers they have are .280 .290 .375 and .40. 6.5 Grendel is .25... so do I buy the smallest one?
The .280 will be just fine. No need to over think it on this one.

Just be cautious of length. Depending on the suppressor, you might need a longer mount to fit the longer muzzle device to clear baffles.

Just be cautious of length. Depending on the suppressor, you might need a longer mount to fit the longer muzzle device to clear baffles.
That's what I'm worried about, I'm curious if I would need a longer interface than what one would normally use for a flash hider. Once I get the parts ordered I can go try them once my FFL gets the can, waiting on Form 3 right now.

That's what I'm worried about, I'm curious if I would need a longer interface than what one would normally use for a flash hider. Once I get the parts ordered I can go try them once my FFL gets the can, waiting on Form 3 right now.
Rearden lists dimensions for their muzzle devices and adapters. I don't remember what can you decided to go with but you should also be able to find the manufactures dimensions for it including distance/clearance to the first baffle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top