JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a FYI for those of you that ever experience this problem. I live in rural area, so I have experience with UPS problems.

What you need to do is call UPS, and keep calling. I had a very valuable package marked as delivered, with no package. What I did was I called, and the guy there told me that every UPS truck has a GPS tracker installed. He looked up the truck that had ""delivered"" my package, and it turns out that he had done a U turn about 2 miles from my house.

He gave me the coordinates of where the driver U-turned, and I went and looked. Sure enough, the package was on the neighbors porch where he had U-turned.

TL;DR: call them. The trucks have gps trackers.

I had a $300 Mustang seat for my Harley get delivered next door... I had a flippin' heart attack at first. There's a one digit address difference, and ever so often we get each others' USPS mail, so on a hunch I went next door to see, and there it was.

Before that I had a package containing an expensive holster get dropped off two blocks down at a house parallel to mine, although the house number was two digits different than mine... good thing the guy who lives there walks his dog by my house and brought it over (has the same first name as me too, strangely enough)

Both times was UPS, and the holster issue was DEFINATELY a temporary driver during the holidays... using GPS units is hard.

Other than that, no other issues with the scores upon scores of other deliveries I've had with any of the carriers.

We get seasonal drivers up here because the regular UPS trucks can't make it up our driveway. We had two packages "delivered" yesterday, marked "Dropped on front porch" on UPS's website. My wife got online with an Amazon chat person and wanted to know what they were going to do about it because UPS's stance was to contact the originating address and have them file the claim. One of the items was a Christmas present for me. Our place is hard to find, so the usual UPS driver draws a map on the outside of the box, for people who are inexperienced getting to us. Our regular driver will even call us and let us know he is on the way if he doesn't think conditions will allow him to make it up our driveway, and we will meet him at the bottom of it on a quad. Nothing was resolved last night, so I got to sleep with a very angry wifey last night (joy of joys lol) While she was online with "Ragav" from Amazon, I jumped on the quad and checked our two closest neighbors' front porches at 2200. Nothing on either of them. Then, this morning, our lower neighbor drives up and drops off both boxes. Both boxes had maps drawn on them, with our two neighbors' houses crossed out, but they STILL managed to get delivered to one of the crossed out houses.

FedEx, oh god. Don't get me started on those idiots. In the best of times, if they don't feel like it, they won't come to the house. They will put the object in a plastic bag and tie it to the mailbox. Then, leave a note IN the mailbox, telling us how/where to find the delivery......

I ordered a new cell phone, sent USPS with signature required. The mail man just left it in the mailbox on the street. He must have signed the delivery receipt himself because none of us did!

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Recruiter
Second Amendment Foundation Member
Washington Arms Collectors Member
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Just a FYI for those of you that ever experience this problem. I live in rural area, so I have experience with UPS problems.

What you need to do is call UPS, and keep calling. I had a very valuable package marked as delivered, with no package. What I did was I called, and the guy there told me that every UPS truck has a GPS tracker installed. He looked up the truck that had ""delivered"" my package, and it turns out that he had done a U turn about 2 miles from my house.

He gave me the coordinates of where the driver U-turned, and I went and looked. Sure enough, the package was on the neighbors porch where he had U-turned.

TL;DR: call them. The trucks have gps trackers.

Dan - the UPS trucks do have tracking (as does the diad unit they use for scanning/signatures), however, UPS does get a bunch of rental trucks for the holiday season and those do not have the tracker. Some drivers look at the lack of truck tracking as a bonus as they can get competitive and some will clock out for the mandatory lunch break, eat in 10 min and drive to the pick up locations while off the clock so when they clock back in they are ready to start picking up.

Are they still supposed to ring the bell or knock? They never do at my place anymore.

Unless they changed things since last year they are supposed to tap the horn on the way to the door and ring/knock as they drop the package. I did the seasonal driver gig last year - did most of my time delivering/picking up at UPS stores and commercial accounts but did do a few weeks of residential as a driver and a driver helper. I will say they do work for their money in the silly season.

I actually just had a bad experience with a temp driver this past week; Ordered a headlamp, so I can actually have a hands-free light in the dark if needed, and kept a keen eye on the tracking of it. UPS said it was delivered and even though I was here all day adding insulation to my pumphouse I saw no UPS truck. I even walked up my driveway to see if the guy dropped it at my neighbour's fence(we share an entry but the addresses are clearly marked). I called UPS and the store it was bought from to try and sort the issue out to no avail. I was promised a call-back within an hour to help sort out the issue.

Two days later my neighbour shows up at my door. He found it, with his truck. The delivery driver put it against my neighbour's entry gate. It was in a white bag on top of white snow about an hour before it snowed again and wasn't 'discovered' until that gate was opened.

I also received that 'call back' 6 days later. They make their hours longer out east I guess.

A little something for the season.

UPS, FedEx draw fire after Christmas delivery problems - U.S. News

I've had a few issues with the two over the years, nothing too big. I miss the days when we'd go down to the UPS Hub on Basin Avenue on Swan Island to ship our Christmas boxes back home. There would be like 30 people in the warehouse to help, it was quite festive. You used to be able to CALL the Hub too, and a PERSON would answer. I can't believe these people that say their lives, (Christmas), is ruined because they waited 'till three days before Christmas to order stuff from Amazon. It also seems like a racket to me that they get $70.00 to ship a hand gun.

My issues have been with USPS! Their tracking system sucks, watch tracking for seven days, no movement. After it's delivered, tracking system says "Delivered". I just waited seven days for a 2-Day Priority package from Montana Gold. I've got to wonder if it was because it was heavy?

Mike

Unless they changed things since last year they are supposed to tap the horn on the way to the door and ring/knock as they drop the package. I did the seasonal driver gig last year - did most of my time delivering/picking up at UPS stores and commercial accounts but did do a few weeks of residential as a driver and a driver helper. I will say they do work for their money in the silly season.

Thanks. I'll probably let them know then. Just to be clear, other than the knocking thing, I've been very happy with UPS. And in the past I've worked at businesses that used them heavily, so I'm familiar with how hard they work. I remember most of their drivers being really nice people too.

Are they still supposed to ring the bell or knock? They never do at my place anymore.

They never ring anymore, I work at home and if our rotties don't bark because they are deep asleep, well I have found $500 + packages just sitting in front of the door in plain sight of the street

i think its not any of the carriers fault in fact it may just be the individual driving or with the 59 million packages handled this month if not more and only a few mess ups... UPS.lol
I just had my xds given to me today and it was left outside in view of the road and it had a handgun from springfield and an extra mag in it .... i never had an email with shipping info on it or knew it was going to be in today. lucky my 4 year old daughter spotted it on the way out.!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top