JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ordered some ammo online, I got the UPS tracking number and set myself up to get notices from UPS. I'm home today at 130p, I get an email from UPS saying the package was just delivered, but no UPS guy and no package. The dogs never barked and I would have heard the truck. Moreover, we are out in a rural area such that there was no time for some smuck to be following the UPS guy around and picking up the packages.

I called UPS and the rep had a "I could care less" attitude - even though I told her twice that the package contained ammunition. They said to initiate an investigation with the shipper. I have a call/email out to the shipper.

I've never had this problem before. Is this something that should or must be reported to the ATF? The package included some magazines and 150 rounds of good JHP 9mm.

Input appreciated.

Peter

I think you're stuck following the same routine for all lost UPS deliveries. They won't care its ammo- they lose more valuable packages often. Plus, unlike a laptop with a serial number, your ammo is untraceable. Make em' double check their records and good luck!
The ATF would just tell you to notify your local PD- they dont investigate petty theft.

It's possible they dropped the package at your post office for them to complete the delivery which adds one day to the tracking delivery date. I've had that happen several times but can't remember how it shows on ups tracking. I think it showed "out for delivery" but didn't arrive until the next day and was delivered by usps mail.
My ups driver leaves my wife's meds tied to the bushes at the end of my driveway if there's an inch of snow and guesses I'll see it if I go to town that day.

They can't drop ammo off at the post office the post office will not deliver ammo for anyone.

If it doesn't show up tomorrow then contact the shipper and have them file a claim for a lost package. And ask to have it resent.

USPS will do final delivery of ammo shipped by UPS. Private parties can not ship ammo with USPS but there is some kind of arrangement with UPS. I know this for a fact as I have received a couple shipments that left the east shipped UPS and transferred to USPS for final delivery. One I even had to pick up at the post office and asked the manager how this worked and she didn't know.

Update. UPS delivered the package... to the neighbor three properties away...

We both think it must have been a substitute driver since the regular UPS guy is great and has been on the route for years.

Peter

I've delivered a package several time over the years, that should have been delivered to the house across the street, down the next block, and accross town about 1 mile, I just take them to the correct house.

This has happened to me before... When I called I was told I had to call the company that shipped it to me and they have to complain because I am not officially the customer so I cant! Company X actually paid UPS (with money I gave them) so they are the customer not ME! Luckily all trucks have GPS on them so they know where each package was actually delivered so they have the ability to go and retrieve it but it's just a fricken hassle...

I have always wondered what happened to those plutonium beer mugs that I've ordered.
That explains it. That and my fat neighbor from 3 houses down losing his hair, followed by rapid weight loss and death.
Oh well I was only going to send them to Hugo Chavez, but looks like someone else got him a similar gift.

UPS doesn't care that they just delivered a package to the wrong address?

THIS. UPS once delivered a CDNN package full of G3 and other mags and optics to the wrong address, yet checked it off as if I had received it. I was home and no one came here that day. Whoever got it, enjoy your free loot

I'm glad that UPS has always came through with flying colors for us. We had an issue for several years with deliverys to a neighbor two blocks north of us. Same number, very similar street names and last names. UPS did drop a couple of packages there, but the USPS was ten times worse! Since I've fudged the post over to them I sent a Christmas/care package to my Navy granddaughter in Bahrain yesterday. What an enormous PITA! Two forms about duty fees for candy and a few ornaments to a Naval base!

Last Edited:
I get a few dozen deliveries each year. UPS shipments 8-10 arrive damaged or late, or 1 time not at all.

FedEx arrives always in great shape.

USPS, never had problems ever my mail people are really good about deliveries.

I am not to keen on UPS, as seems they could care less and always blame the shipper.
I had one package arrive with tire marks on it, I doubt the shipper ran it over and handed it to the UPS guy LOL.

DHL, I won't ever use, saw these guys throwing packages on the ground once between 4 trucks.
I reported it, but being 4 drivers thought it was ok, I won't use them for anything again.

Funniest thing I ever saw: was picking my little brother up from school, waiting in line in my vehicle. DHL came up, parked, walked to a house across the street. He's holding the box with "FRAGILE" tape in one hand. He lowers his arm, and in one motion, underhand tosses the package into the door (with a fair amount of force) and giving the most halfhearted knock I have ever seen. The package hit the door about three feet off the ground and dropped like a rock.

I don't use DHL either :s0114: Never had problems with any others though, and I get a lot of crap delivered. Small town though, and it's the same guys every time.

My son drives for FedX and there is a fellow on his route that often receives firearms and ammo. On most occasions he has to sign for them. He set it up that way so they won't be left on his door step. Last week someone shipped him a rifle and some ammo to be delivered and just dropped off. Since my son has done several delivery's he knew what it was and waited until the guy was home before leaving it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top