JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Perfect place to leave this...

IMG_0069.JPG

OK so reading this and another long thread on concealed in a vehicle IN OREGON

As there is no prohibition on carrying a loaded rifle in a vehicle as long as the person doing so has a CHL. Does that mean I can carry a rifle in a hard case or soft case loaded buried under a pile of sleeping bags and camping gear? How about if the rifle is in a hard foot locker type box under the back seat of a Jeep? Or does the case have to be on top of what ever so its not concealed? How about if its in the back of a vehicle with no view from the exterior (as in the vehicle itself is a huge box) Would having the box LOCKED make a difference?

I used to always think a rifle loaded in a vehicle was verboten in OR. Maybe that is only when hunting? Or maybe that was just my hunter safety training? Or maybe it was the 25 years living in WA (where it is verboten)

Having the long gun in a locked container would probably make a difference , but for safety sake why not just have it in the case unloaded?

For a short while, IIRC, Multnomah or Clackamas county (IIRC) required semi-auto rifles to be disassembled (bolt removed?) while passing thru the county and in a case. No longer the law - I think it was challenged or something and rescinded - probably because of the pre-emption law?

OK so reading this and another long thread on concealed in a vehicle IN OREGON

As there is no prohibition on carrying a loaded rifle in a vehicle as long as the person doing so has a CHL. Does that mean I can carry a rifle in a hard case or soft case loaded buried under a pile of sleeping bags and camping gear? How about if the rifle is in a hard foot locker type box under the back seat of a Jeep? Or does the case have to be on top of what ever so its not concealed? How about if its in the back of a vehicle with no view from the exterior (as in the vehicle itself is a huge box) Would having the box LOCKED make a difference?

Not familiar with OR laws on this but does the law there say a loaded long gun is OK with a permit? If it says that then that's your answer, yes. Unless in the wording it says anything about the long gun NOT being concealed? I am assuming the law is on the net to see? If it's in any way vague then I would be careful about any "opinion" on the net. What does it say? If it says nothing about concealed or not, just that loaded is good to go I would say it's good to go concealed.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top