Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Q. How is 'gun violence' different???

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. Rascals

Rascals Portland Or Active Member

Funny maybe why people are getting so violent is there is so much Hope and Change? I dont see most people with the feeling things are getting better. But most people I talk to are afraid of whats going on in Washinton and not very hopeful at all.

Glockman19 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

What people on both sides of the argument seem to consistently forget is that crime levels overall are down by so much that if you'd predicted it 30 years ago you'd have been written off as a nut. Even in Yakima, crime rates are down nearly 50% from their peak.

As for the antis, it's the same old tired, fear-based nonsense they've been spouting for 50 years. The difference is that now people who aren't zealots on the issue know better than to believe the brady bunch etc. We have about 350 million guns in circulation in this country right now. CCWs are skyrocketing, guns and ammo are flying off the shelves at unprecedented levels and our crime rate CONTINUES to plummet, year after year.

Contrast that to the height of gun control measures in place when the crime was nearly double what it is today and the argument that more guns=more crime is shown as pure nonsense to anyone with even a half-way open mind.

The only people spouting gun control arguments are old-school libs for whom gun control is an article of faith and politicians who are a lot more interested in CONTROL than guns.

When Nancy Pelosi kills an AWB dead in it's tracks, as she did in 2009 when Holder was spouting off about it, you know the tides have changed. Even people who have a hair up their wazoo on the issue realize it's political suicide outside a few select constituencies.

Not that we don't need to continue to work to protect and expand our recognized rights, but the gun control lie has been so horribly exposed as the logical fallacy that it is, to so many people now, that the VPC etc will never again have the power it once did.

4. Rascals

Rascals Portland Or Active Member

Crime down? No what I see is the lack of people filing reports. First the cops talk people out of filing all the time. I have seen it 3 neighborhoody neiborhood where they even found shell casings from shootings and they said fireworneighborn the neibor saw the car drive by and do the shooting but they would not even take a report. I think they are going out of there way to avoid putting out the real numbers or people would be really afraid of whats going on. In fact we haveclimbingople climing on ourrobberiester roberies,steeling ect ect more int he last 2 years then we have had in the last 25 years. And at no time would they take reports. Also were tdifferent 27 differnt crimes they would not even come out for anymore? Why? Well I think since they dont come out peopleschedulesere sceduals dont go in and report things becasue they are to busy tryroofs keep rooofs over there heads.

5. michaels

michaels oregon Active Member

You're getting all politically correct.

Don't worry, when I talk about crimes commited with guns,

I will say powder actuated enhanced crime ;)

Unless an air gun was used.

In which case I will say pneumatic assisted crime.

Don't want to hurt your feelings.

6. Misterbill

Misterbill Yakima County, Washington New Member

Sure, it's a giant conspiracy by thousands of individual officers and agencies to convince us that crime is down when it's really up.

Here's your hat:

url].jpg

7. branchbuster

branchbuster Albany Active Member

Do those shiny hat really work?