Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Q for the "buyers" on here

Discussion in 'Handgun Discussion' started by iamme, Dec 29, 2010.

1. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

So I'm curious to those of us on here who find ourselves enjoying picking up new toys and trading off old ones and always on the hunt... Have you ever picked something up- and ended up with such a good deal, or found out something about the piece that has just made you not be able to get rid of it?

I'm curious as I've come across a few- some accidentally, some on purpose- and curious what others have to share. When my newest arrives I'll post the story :D

2. olyshoots

olyshoots Vancouver USA Member

Can't say that I have. I only buy what I want to keep and shoot and I always have a number in mind before hand, and do a thorough examination as well. I've learned (with age) how to say "no".

3. pioneer461

pioneer461 Columbia County, Oregon Active Member

In my police career I carried two guns. A S&W Model 19 (no dash) 1971 vintage, and round about 1994 I began carrying a S&W 4006. Both are in my will to stay in the family and are securely stored in a safe deposit box. Both have been used to save my life.

4. jakk586

jakk586 Astoria, Or Active Member

picked up a s&w 66 with a 2.5" barrel here in a trade. that gun turned out to be a real gem. not especialy in minty condition, just tight. never been opened up, limited flame cutting, and scary accurate. it has quickly become one of my favorite pistols and is in the "not to be sold or traded under any circumstance" column.

5. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I traded a very nice Browning B78 for a Dan Wesson CBOB only because I thought I would have an easier time getting my money out of the handgun than the single shot rifle. It was the first CBOB I'd seen and really knew nothing about them compared to any other 1911. (at the time I had two older Colt 1911s) Shortly after that I noticed that it was a very popular handgun and that I was likely to sell it for the money I was looking for out of the rifle without too much trouble.

Then I shot it.
    I decided that the CBOB was not for sale. Period.:cool:
    I carry it daily.

6. iamme

iamme Lane County Well-Known Member

Ahhh someone does understand! Lol. I haven't had as much luck on trades, as just hunting and finding out more later!!
    1) I have an STI Tactical that I awhile back I noticed mine was different, it has US engraved on the slide. Turns out it was a run for some .Gov agency who STI still to this day can't/wont release. The few that made it to the market ended up not being sold to .gov and went to a few major distributors for LE sales initially.
    2) Not as neat, but a lil Sig P230 my ex used to use on occasion found out it was a Japanese police model (if I remember right). Lil 32acp with an interesting lanyard loop on it.

I like finding cool interesting guns. I still have a Colt prototyped receiver to pick up, and have a 1911 coming that I'm still piecing history together on!!