JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Did that get published a few months early ... should have been out on the first of April ?

and

1577904559266.png

I heard they were going to introduce an Abe Vigoda signature edition for those who thought the snake was dead.

Will take awhile to find one at suggested retail. But, at $1,499 it is priced as beater-shooter Pythons go for now. However, they took a couple of DW's ideas in the front sight and stronger frame. Signs of life that are reassuring from the always-on-life-support company.

But will they make one with a black finish? Can't say why, I just really, REALLY don't like shiny "chrome" finishes

I don't think they could replicate the royal blue they used to have. If that is the case, I doubt they would put one out with a blues finish.

Honestly at that price point, they can piss up their fancy rope. Hard for me to justify a non-working gun at that price...

When Colt brought the Cobra and King Cobras back I wondered if they were going to do the same with the Python.
I think it's very cool that they have.
What I'm really wondering is if the trigger is going to be like an original Python?

Old Colt Blue would be fantastic, but I'll bet they stick with stainless.

When Colt brought the Cobra and King Cobras back I wondered if they were going to do the same with the Python.
I think it's very cool that they have.
What I'm really wondering is if the trigger is going to be like an original Python?

Old Colt Blue would be fantastic, but I'll bet they stick with stainless.

I would wager that the decision to introduce a blued model will depend on how strong sales of the stainless models are. I would much prefer a blued model, but as a lifetime fan of Colt, I think it's important to purchase a stainless model not just because I think it will be a great gun, but to support the product line.

It was my understanding that the blue recipe Colt had used back in the day was a closely guarded secret, known by a few old timers, that has since died with the employees that had it.

Even if that is not the case, the amount of work needed to get a matchless mirror finish and keep it while it goes through the finish/bluing process is probably too cost prohibitive for them to consider.

Too bad. As much as I think Colts are complicated mouse trap mechanisms of a gun, there are very few guns with a prettier finish than the old school Colt bluing...

It was my understanding that the blue recipe Colt had used back in the day was a closely guarded secret, known by a few old timers, that has since died with the employees that had it.

Even if that is not the case, the amount of work needed to get a matchless mirror finish and keep it while it goes through the finish/bluing process is probably too cost prohibitive for them to consider.

Too bad. As much as I think Colts are complicated mouse trap mechanisms of a gun, there are very few guns with a prettier finish than the old school Colt bluing...

I'd pay $2,000.00 for a Royal Blue! That gives Colt $700.00 over the present cost to work with. (one guy just bought one online for $1300.00 - check Youtube) Check out Ken Hackathorn's youtube video. The new Python trigger has 14 fewer parts and is actually sweeter than the "old" Python trigger. Plus the front sight is now user replaceable. And you got to give Colt credit, it doesn't come with a "Hillary Hole!" (Take that Smith & Wesson!)

I am 66 years old and back in the early 1970s one of my friends bought a most beautiful Python and we shot it often. I prefer a S&W action feel. I am not sure if I would buy the new Python.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top