JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Can anyone suggest a good PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) dealer in Oregon? The closer to Portland, the better, but willing to drive within 45min to 1 hour if needs be.
I've got an itch for a MK2-mod 1

I can't help with a local dealer but, I've owned a couple PWS uppers over the years and never felt as if their design and execution solved a real-world problem. In fact, the design precludes the use of some real-world problem solvers like JP Rifles silent captured spring buffer. I suppose under extended rapid fire the long stroke piston system with less bolt carrier tilt may be a benefit, I never felt it nor saw it on targets.

The quality of the materials and manufacturing is beyond reproach, I just never felt the claimed benefits were worth the premium price. YMMV.

I can't help with a local dealer but, I've owned a couple PWS uppers over the years and never felt as if their design and execution solved a real-world problem. In fact, the design precludes the use of some real-world problem solvers like JP Rifles silent captured spring buffer. I suppose under extended rapid fire the long stroke piston system with less bolt carrier tilt may be a benefit, I never felt it nor saw it on targets.

The quality of the materials and manufacturing is beyond reproach, I just never felt the claimed benefits were worth the premium price. YMMV.
Do you use a suppressor? I feel that's the only reason to run a piston AR and that's what I plan to do

For what it's worth, their rifles are priced excellently IMO for what you get piston driven or not. At least there is some engineering that I feel compels me to spend in that range versus say a DI platform that could be built for about the same price for similar quality.

Can anyone suggest a good PWS (Primary Weapons Systems) dealer in Oregon? The closer to Portland, the better, but willing to drive within 45min to 1 hour if needs be.
I've got an itch for a MK2-mod 1

Limitless America in washougal

Do you use a suppressor? I feel that's the only reason to run a piston AR and that's what I plan to do
You ask a great question. I do own suppressors but choose not to use them on semi-auto rifles because I'm particularly sensitive to blow-back gas. While a piston rifle will reduce the amount of gas that ends up in may face, it doesn't eliminate it. If shooting suppressed was high on my list, I'd include PWS on my short list too.

Wondering if buying a PWS upper would work for you? I know when I had PWS gear they were all upper receivers only.

If you need a lower just buy a stripped one of your choice from any of hundreds of sellers, add a lower parts kit, you'll be in business in no time.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top