JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Good ambush telling the terrorist there would be unarmed Christians there for the killing. They just didn't tell em there would be Texas cops there to protect them.

The History Channel has a new mini-series starting on Memorial Day, May 25th, called TEXAS RISING. It is the true story of the creation of the state of the Texas, and the exploits of the Texas Rangers.

texas3.jpg

The people who founded Texas were real tough hombres.

http://www.history.com/shows/texas-rising

Personally I think some of the facts were hyped up.

I think they didnt have body armor they had tactical vests.. I think that perhaps the officer may have shot early as well..

No big deal seeings how these guys were on their way to an attack..

But there is no way this guy pulled a Wyatt Earp style stationary shoot off with balls of steel and projectiles zipping past him. Not a traffic cop anyhow. Ive seen traffic cops and their marksmanship.. Nope, not even close.

I think the truth was bent a little to make him seem more like a hero.. But in the end he kind of is. He stopped two insane men seeking to do harm to folks that were just drawing pictures.

What he did as LE doesn't really have any bearing. He may have had some serious previous training and my bet ex military that had seen some stress fights.
Also anyone can be very proficient with a handgun with enough training and practice.
Being a traffic cop or a swat member isn't really a gage of proficiency. He got the job done. Details of his background and the rest will come out in time.
Waiting to see more about how this went down and his background experiences.
Hell it all could have just been sheer luck. Who knows at this point..

What he did as LE doesn't really have any bearing. He may have had some serious previous training and my bet ex military that had seen some stress fights.
Also anyone can be very proficient with a handgun with enough training and practice.
Being a traffic cop or a swat member isn't really a gage of proficiency. He got the job done. Details of his background and the rest will come out in time.
Waiting to see more about how this went down and his background experiences.
Hell it all could have just been sheer luck. Who knows at this point..

Hyped, thats all Im saying.
Still good work done.. Just not as glorious as we're lead to believe until more details/footage (if any) come out.

Hyped, thats all Im saying.
Still good work done.. Just not as glorious as we're lead to believe until more details/footage (if any) come out.

Hopefully more will come out soon. The local news sources there will probably have more and better information on all this. The MSM will hype or hide it all.

Now today CNN has published a report that even contradicts itself somewhat. It gives credit to the lone officer for bringing down the two terrorists. But at the same time, it says that 4 SWAT team members had joined the gun battle with their AR15's.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/05/us/texas-police-shooting-hero/.
"But by the time they did, the Garland traffic officer was the only one standing."
"Within 15 seconds, the chaotic eruption was basically over."
"How? He had a .45-caliber Glock pistol."

Any head-shot will defeat any body armour.

We were trained to shoot for exposed body parts - anything will do. Ask anybody who has taken a 7.62 rifle round through a carelessly-exposed ankle how much THAT sucker stings.

tac

I am guessing that the results were due to:

1) Training and experience and skill by the LEO who shot them.
2) Lack of training or experience or planning or skill by the terrorists.
3) Over confidence on the part of the terrorists.
4) Some amount of luck.

Did the perps actually use "assault weapons" or were they just black 10-22's.
Media usually say that out of reflex (and even some Cops) often dumb it down for the masses.
Don't underestimate the power of a 10-22 ;-) Velocitor or Stinger rounds produce about 200 flbs. One in the eye socket and game over.

Those were quotes from the news, quotes from the Police PIO.
Yes, It appears from the quotes, it was just a .45. A Glock .45
It appears that a lowly Glock .45 in the hands of a warrior quickly reduced the issue
It appears that there wasn't any time or ammunition wasted.

I claim a firearm in the hands of a committed warrior can do more in less time than all the wannabees spraying and praying.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top