JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Simple experience and stress control with good trigger control is hard to beat.
It is as though he had experienced combat before :)
His choice was make those shots count or die. That's good enough motivation.

What is said of him so far.

"The Garland officer who shot the two gunmen outside the Culwell Center was described as "a seasoned veteran" by his attorney."

"He's a terrific guy," said attorney Zachary Horn, with the firm Lyon, Gorrsky, Gilbert & Livingston. "Just humble, and I can't describe — he's a terrific individual."

Horn represents the Texas Municipal Police Officers Association, which represents Garland police officers.

"The word 'heroic' gets tossed around a lot, but there's really no other word that can be used to describe his courage and his actions," said Horn.

Horn and the unnamed officer met several times near the scene after Sunday night's shooting.

"He appeared to me the type of guy that if your wife or your daughter needed a police officer, he's the exact type of guy you would want to show up," said Horn.

Last Edited:
I find it a lot more interesting that here in America, two armed terrorists were brought down by armed resistance approximately 15 seconds after the attack began. In France, the armed terrorists were met by unarmed resistance, and they were able to kill 12 people over a 48 hour rampage.

Says a lot doesn't it?

Personally I think some of the facts were hyped up.

I think they didnt have body armor they had tactical vests.. I think that perhaps the officer may have shot early as well..

No big deal seeings how these guys were on their way to an attack..

But there is no way this guy pulled a Wyatt Earp style stationary shoot off with balls of steel and projectiles zipping past him. Not a traffic cop anyhow. Ive seen traffic cops and their marksmanship.. Nope, not even close.

I think the truth was bent a little to make him seem more like a hero.. But in the end he kind of is. He stopped two insane men seeking to do harm to folks that were just drawing pictures.

Here is how it happened:

BGs saw security officer, figured he was it and made their move. Happenstance/God/Fate/Karma put the traffic officer at a place where he had a position of advantage on them (them not looking his direction most likely) and then he very likely shot them repeatedly in the head/face, thereby countering their ambush with his own ambush.

The good result was because the two chuckleheads plan revolved more around the "ALLAH SNACK-BAR!!!" part of the training, instead of the marksmanship part. I know of no case study in which a bad guy has survived a burst of gunfire to the face.

Not all SWAT officers are good shots. They just shoot more than most line officers.

Texas cops: 2 Islamist Douchebags: 0

Good ambush telling the terrorist there would be unarmed Christians there for the killing. They just didn't tell em there would be Texas cops there to protect them.

Here is how it happened:

BGs saw security officer, figured he was it and made their move. Happenstance/God/Fate/Karma put the traffic officer at a place where he had a position of advantage on them (them not looking his direction most likely) and then he very likely shot them repeatedly in the head/face, thereby countering their ambush with his own ambush.

The good result was because the two chuckleheads plan revolved more around the "ALLAH SNACK-BAR!!!" part of the training, instead of the marksmanship part. I know of no case study in which a bad guy has survived a burst of gunfire to the face.

Not all SWAT officers are good shots. They just shoot more than most line officers.

Texas cops: 2 Islamist Douchebags: 0
The cop and the school security guy were both in the same patrol car and got out at the same time.

How about the outcome?

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/206258/

May 5, 2015
KEVIN WILLIAMSON: What Didn't Happen Next.

A couple of ISIS wannabes tried to shoot up an exhibition of cartoons in Garland, Texas, and the police put them down before the civilians could get to them: a triumph for duty and marksmanship. What didn't happen next?

There is a mosque in Garland, Texas. It was there yesterday, it's there today, and it will be there tomorrow. After two radical Muslims attempted to massacre some infidels down the road a bit, there was no angry mob of Texans storming the place with F-350s and rifles. If any vehicle full of armed men rushed to the Muslims' place of worship, you can be sure that it was the local police exercising an abundance of caution and nothing more.

It's easy to be snarky–"Oh, yay for us! No massacre, give Texas a cookie!" But only those parochial minds with the narrowest of experience could fail to appreciate how unusual that is in the world."

Glenn Reynolds:
People who say it's okay — or at least "understandable" — to go after others who are "provocative" need to remember that a lot of people are exercising more self-restraint than that now.

These ISIS scum bags can take their prophet Mohammed (mulehomed, molehamed, mohead, Whatever) and go straight to hades . . .

Pardon me, I forgot . . . he is already there!!!!!!

Sheldon

Heard today the event organizers paid 10K for the added police and security to be at the event.

So to goobers armed with weapons they most likely had little experience with Felons generally don't do a lot of target practice. Ran into 10K worth of highly trained experienced police and security. And it didn't end well for them. How's that not make perfect sense?

Well, yes, when I first heard about this incident, those were my exact thoughts too. But then the Garland Police Chief held that news conference and said that the sole Traffic Officer had taken them both out with just his handgun. That was what surprised me.

Now, however, there are conflicting reports that the officer indeed got backup from the SWAT team after he initially engaged him.

But yes, I fully agree with you about this attack being suicidal and poorly planned. I've heard that there was something like 35 armed officers guarding the building, and that the police chief was even there supervising the operation.

The ironic thing about this incident is that the apparent leader had wanted to travel to Syria and join ISIS in their fight there. But the FBI got wind of his wishes, and had his passport seized, and he was put on the NO FLY list too.

So the guy wanted to do Jihad, but we blocked him from joining the conflict in the Middle East. So frustrated, he was probably looking for some target to attack in our country, so that he could serve Allah. He believed that death in Jihad brought one to what he called "instant" Paradise. So in his writings he wrote: "why wait?", when Jihad could take you to Paradise immediately?

We should have just let him leave the country years ago, and then just not let him back in. Why force these nutcakes to stay here, when they want Jihad?

Now today CNN has published a report that even contradicts itself somewhat. It gives credit to the lone officer for bringing down the two terrorists. But at the same time, it says that 4 SWAT team members had joined the gun battle with their AR15's.

Apparently there is some fear that if the name of this hero officer is released, that Jihadists might then target him. So maybe we will never know this officer's name.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/05/us/texas-police-shooting-hero/

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top