JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys,
I went to the Puyallup show today. I am mostly looking for older .22 rifles, ala Mossberg, Brno, Remington, etc. Have any of you been to both Portland and Puyallup? Is Portland bigger? Would it be worth a drive from Seattle? Any input is most appreciated.

Thanks,

chuckbiscuits

Funny...I have always been curious abou the Puyallup show but have never attended. Portland is OK but nothing impressive...keep in mind you also have to pay for parking.

Hey guys,
I went to the Puyallup show today. I am mostly looking for older .22 rifles, ala Mossberg, Brno, Remington, etc. Have any of you been to both Portland and Puyallup? Is Portland bigger? Would it be worth a drive from Seattle? Any input is most appreciated.

Thanks,

chuckbiscuits

The 3 day Portland show in the past is slightly bigger. (last attended a PDX show 5 years ago) Both are decent shows with lots to look for.

As a vendor I almost enjoy Puyallup more then Portland. If it wasn't for the drive I would. For vendors its a cheaper show in terms of tables, but then you have to add on food, fuel and lodging. Portland's a lot closer for me but the show costs more to have tables there. As a customer the Puyallup show is a cheaper show for the buyer to park and get in. Both are decent size and have a good variety of ammo, accessories and bang tows.

I've got a friend in Portland that goes to Puyallup for the things he can't find anywhere else. He picked up a .22 Jet revolver S&W many years ago there that he had been looking for for ages.

Generally speaks favorably of Puyallup as the destination.

would rather go to Puyallup. Just remember that you have to be a member of WAC to buy weapons there. In fact you not supposed to even pick up a weapon if you're not a member. They're pretty strict about it too. Every show they kick someone out for making a sale against the rules.
They also patrol the parking lot and at least once stopped a news crew trying to do a buy in the parking lot. You never heard or saw that on TV, but had it gone down it'd been all over the US!

To become a WAC member you either have to have a CPL or submit to a background check through the WA SP. Either way you have to be checked out. Also required to wear your badge, visible and above the waist at all times while there. Their security also checks for ties and removed mags, tube feeders and sheathed or removed bayonets. They really do a super job too. No loaded weapons of course and one of the few places I don't carry concealed!! They don't mess around with violators. I for one of many are VERY" glad for their strict rules.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

I went to the puyallup show when sheriff palmer was there and was happily suprised at how big it was. Much better then portland but you have a 2hr drive and some of the vendors charge tax and some dont. cant figure that one out. The WAC thing kinda sucks but its not that much $$ and saves alittle hassel. I'll be going again if i have lots a $$ to spend. but if i just need ammo or something smaller i'll go to pdx.

I went to the puyallup show when sheriff palmer was there and was happily suprised at how big it was. Much better then portland but you have a 2hr drive and some of the vendors charge tax and some dont. cant figure that one out. The WAC thing kinda sucks but its not that much $$ and saves alittle hassel. I'll be going again if i have lots a $$ to spend. but if i just need ammo or something smaller i'll go to pdx.

Some of the Vendors are business, with a business license and/or a FFL. They will charge tax.

Some of the Vendors are private sellers and will not charge tax. (kind of like a garage sale/swap meet)

The Puyallup show is much bigger. More guns. Less dream-catchers, violins, airsoft.

They have a rule for vendors that thed items MUST be gun-related to sell there.

There are a few tables that aren't gun related, but they are grandfathered in since they have been doing the shows forever.

I think Puyallup is about 1100 tables.

The licensed dealers have to charge tax. Most of the dealers there are private collectors, so there is no paperwork.

FTF transactions at the PDX show require the seller to still call in a background check. (Blue Form)
FTF transactions at the Puyallup show don't even write down names.

They are like the TRUE gun shows like in the old days.

I would encourage anyone(even Oregonians) to go up and check it out. It's pretty amazing.

The licensed dealers have to charge tax. Most of the dealers there are private collectors, so there is no paperwork.

FTF transactions at the PDX show require the seller to still call in a background check. (Blue Form)
FTF transactions at the Puyallup show don't even write down names.

They are like the TRUE gun shows like in the old days.

I would encourage anyone(even Oregonians) to go up and check it out. It's pretty amazing.
of actual dealers that put a sign up that says "Private Sales" or "Private Collection Sales".

Just remember that to buy ANY weapon or even pick one up you must be a member and be wearing your badge. They also have bill of sale forms at the desk to record private sales but I've never seen anyone use them and I've been there with a friend as a private seller several times.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
WAC member
SWWAC member

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show