JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Big red flag to Uncle Sam.
Here's an excerpt from the interweb.

"Federal law does not limit the number of guns a person may buy in any given time period, but does require federal firearm licensees ("FFLs") to report multiple sales of handguns to ATF and other specified law enforcement agencies.12 "Multiple sales" are defined under federal law as the sale of two or more handguns by a federally licensed firearms dealer (FFL) to a non-FFL within five consecutive business days.13 This reporting requirement was created to enable law enforcement to "monitor and deter illegal interstate commerce in pistols and revolvers by unlicensed persons,"14 although there is no federal requirement that law enforcement do so."

Wonder if they had a limit on them? Question is to how many were in stock. I know when AIM first had them at 39.99 they sold out fast. Now they hang around for a while.

I notice that there are two camps for ar15. Those that swear by BCM Noveske, Colt, and DD rifles and snub their noses at anything else as not being a fighting rifle. And those that make sort of Frankenstein rifles but are happy just the same as the above with their project.

While the anal retentive side of me wants matching parts, I just get tickled about hunting for deals on the cheap and assembling my own rifle. Im sure now with most manufactures all the parts are mostly the same, obviously I understand you get good QC and the best parts plus a warranty buying a complete rifle from the top teir makers.

I guess I'm part of the Frankensteiners. And it help to spread out the purchases for me too.
I've had both, you get what you pay for. Main problem I've seen is if you go to cheap on the lower parts kit. Know few people the problems until they upgraded that.

In light of recent events out of Salem, I'm thinking about starting an 80% build.

Bumping this thread to the top...

Yep.

20150814_193554.jpg

The 80% Blanks are not identical, some cast, some billet, all a little different. I have a cast and a billet blanks and have tried my steel jig on them. The jig seems to fit properly on both, I think the billet has more sharp exposed edges and will require a little more hand blending of some of those edges. I do not currently own a drill press, or I would know more about the process. I intend to polish both to remove any obvious swirls or other blemish and have both Cerakoted. Not really a budget build when you do that. The cost of the STEEL gig needs to be factored in somewhere, it is reusable though. Only the Shadow knows if you can accurately use a plastic gig once, let alone two or three times.

I bought mine a couple of years ago from Amazon.

I have used Delton, Anderson, Spikes, and Aero Precision lowers, all with good success. I like the Aero a smidge more as it was in a FDE combo with the upper receiver and handgaurd and just made me happy when assembled.

I just avoid B-------- as I have heard (Pure rumor!) that they sometimes don't spec out as good. I'm not repeating the name as it is a rumor, but they do sell those little plastic wedges to make them fit tighter.

I agree with the Aero lowers. The last two AR I built were on Aero uppers and lowers.
But as long as te cheapest build goes it never seems cheap the build an AR.
It's just cheaper than buying one then changing half the rifle to fit your needs/likes.

Heck you could build on real cheap if you were patient, just get parts everyone takes off from their rifle to replace. I usually give that crap away.
Actually, I have like 3 A2 grips if anyone wants them???
I wish they would sell lower parts kita without the bench dressing.

Yes there are a lot of $500 new ARs out there that will do the home defense role perfectly. They are all way more accurate and powerful than any handgun. Building you own really represents what you like in an AR, making it more suitable to you.

When its all said and done I will have about 600 into my pistol build. Lower is ready to go. I'm shopping uppers now. Leaning towards 7". I want it as compact as possible.

Even with a lot of stuff given to me and sold to me cheaply, my bare bones build is over $500 and I still need iron sights at a minimum.

I may have been better off just buying a new one but it was very educational as a first build.

So this 80% lower <broken link removed> (yes, I know it's plastic) plus this rifle kit <broken link removed> comes out to about $455 plus shipping. Am I missing any components?

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top