JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The only thing I have to add is if you want to go bull barrel check out a tensioned CF barrel or an aluminum Tacsol barrel. Those should help cut the weight down a bit

Or a whistle pig barrel. They are aluminum with a steel liner and you can factory order them threaded if you want a suppressor down the line. Plus they are a local company (Aurora, OR)
You don't have to go crazy with internals but I'd recommend at least a volquartsen target hammer/trigger. they'll run you about $40 but take the super heavy factory trigger down to a nice 2 1/2lb crisp one. My groups shrank in half with that mod (8lb trigger on a 6lb rifle not so good for accuracy). For the stock, take your pick or hog out the factory one if you want to run a bull barrel. for scopes, anything from a $40 used weaver k4 (fixed 4x) to a mueller APV (4.5-14x around $120) work well.

I can agree with much of what has been said here except for "Don't mess with the internals" I have had several 10-22s and love the platform. But the bolt mod over at rimfire central is imho a must do. It will turn a jammo-matic into a very reliable weapon that will just about feed any ammo.

for just barely another $150 you could buy or build an AR and put the cmmg .22lr conversion kit in it, IMO that is the only way to justify spending $500 or more on a .22.

complete plumcrazy lower $130
dpms A2 upper $390
cmmg conversion $130

$650 for the gun and if you ran across some .223 or 5.56 ammo&mags you just need to swap bolts and you now have a high powered rifle.

^ $650 for an inaccurate iron-sighted .22lr/.223
I think the conversion kit is nice and economical if you already have an AR-15 but it's not very useful for much more than cheap training on the AR platform. My 10/22 is more fun to shoot, more reliable, and WAY more accurate than the cmmg kit in an AR.
If you've got an AR or plan on using one in a survival situation however, it would be nicer to carry the .22lr conversion for getting food rather than carrying a second rifle. It should be accurate enough for squirrel and larger sized game out to 50yds or so.

for just barely another $150 you could buy or build an AR and put the cmmg .22lr conversion kit in it, IMO that is the only way to justify spending $500 or more on a .22.

complete plumcrazy lower $130
dpms A2 upper $390
cmmg conversion $130

$650 for the gun and if you ran across some .223 or 5.56 ammo&mags you just need to swap bolts and you now have a high powered rifle.

for a survival rifle i kind of agree with this . that is if you are traveling light with only carrying 1 rifle a Ar15 with conversion kit is 2 rifles in 1 . as you will be able to bring down bigger game ( with good shot placement ) and small game

but . i would suggest a 1/12 twist barrel preferably a 20" with a adjustable gas block that you can close off the gas.

I was very pleased with the accuracy out to 100 yrds (every bit as accurate as a 10/22 with a factory 18") with a GM 1/12 20" ar15 barrel using a ceiner .22 conversion.
not so pleased in a 1/9 never tried a 1/7 but i bet thats sloppy.

It may not have been a reliable as a well tuned 70-80s 10/22

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads