JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There are services that will come to your home and take care of it all you can be there with them where they are most comfortable and safe
I only just found out about this service.
I have always been by my best friends side when they were given the injection although one of the hardest things I have ever had to do I wouldn't change a thing , making the commitment to have a pet is a life long deal.

My 11yr old German Shepherd Dog the one in my avatar passed over the Rainbow Bridge last night I'm a wreck I'm just Thankful he went in his sleep last night here at home instead of the vet's office scary place View attachment 400301 View attachment 400300 View attachment 400299 View attachment 400298 View attachment 400297 View attachment 400296 View attachment 400295 View attachment 400302

So sorry to hear that, my condolences :(

We had a German Shepherd for about a year when I was in 3rd grade - he was a rescue who had to be put down due to a tumor. Loved that dog, he and I were very close during that time. I still miss him.

On the lighter side...
A Little over a year ago we had to have our much loved 16 year old kitty Riley put to sleep. He is buried in a corner of the property where we inter our fur people who precede us in death.
After going for over a year without a kitty (the longest in 48 years we have been married) we brought 2 kittens from PAWS into the family. So now Max and Maia are our beloved kitties. Adopting through PAWS is more expensive than picking from a box of kittens at Safeway, but we know these 2 don't have FIV or feline leukemia which have taken several of our cats from us. We look forward to having them with us for a long time.

This has certainly been an interesting read. My wife is a vet, the bane of her existence is euthanasia, right up there with having to give the news that someone's pet has a terminal illness.

The hardest thing from her standpoint is having to maintain composure while the family breaks down in front of her. She feels every loss, and for some of the long-term clients, feels like she's lost of pet of her own. Some of these dogs she's personally delivered.

It sucks, big time. We had to put down our 13.5 yo chocolate cocker spaniel in early June. Still hurts, we took her to the vet a few months previous and they insisted he have a rabies shot even though she is registered and up to date. After that shot she developed hindquarters walking issues and was never the same. Next time we took her in they said it was time so we were there when they did it. Fortunately the person we were in negotiations with for ou house let us bury her there before final closing. My wife was there when she was born.

Brutus Out

image.jpeg

My 11yr old German Shepherd Dog the one in my avatar passed over the Rainbow Bridge last night I'm a wreck I'm just Thankful he went in his sleep last night here at home instead of the vet's office scary place View attachment 400301 View attachment 400300 View attachment 400299 View attachment 400298 View attachment 400297 View attachment 400296 View attachment 400295 View attachment 400302

I'm so sorry, Fred! What a beautiful GSD! When Lilly passed November before last, the vet and his assistant came to the house and euthanized her! It was a huge plus for everyone! Especially Lilly! Bless you and your friend! Steve

Sorry for all the losses....

Lost my old Walker hound couple weeks ago. When I got her from Bonnie Hayes she was 2 days from the needle. She was found as a stray, adopted out twice and returned twice. Vet estimated her age between 1 and 4. That was 10 years ago.

For both dogs I've had to put down, I've (been able to afford to have) paid the vet for the additional sedative before the final shot. My dogs feel nothing but a gentle drift off to sleep with their heads in my lap.

I feel for those who must do it themselves. I pray I never need to, but I will also never allow the suffering.

A shame we can't see past ourselves in order to allow the same humane treatment for our fellow humans. Then again, dogs do deserve better than humans....

While I'm Not a Cat Person, Three of them rest in my backyard. They were all the Royal Attendees of a very good friend. She is now back in Hotlanta and about all the contact I have is the annual B'DAYS cards I sent. I wouldn't have it any other way.

5EB2F9EB-038B-458A-BB21-E1E08F52AB13.jpeg Condolences to those who have lost good friends. I've had that experience in the past a couple of times, very painful indeed. I'd sworn off having another dog, but after a decade of being pestered, this past spring adopted an Alaskan Klee Kai...

We had to put down our 16 YO dog not long ago, she was just plain old and worn out for a dog. Anyway, the vet explained he used two injections, the first to put the animal into a restful sleep, then a second to stop the heart. I stayed with her until she fell asleep and tried to act as if it was just part of her routine annual vet exam. No matter what it's never easy to say goodbye but I have to say this was as easy it could get, for both of us.

Then there was the time I had to take on putting down my wife's horse, she simply was beside herself and couldn't deal with it. More or less the same deal with that vet, sedation then euthanasia. Hard to watch such a majestic animal leave the world, I'll leave it at that.

What a beautiful dog ...I am sorry to hear of the loss of your buddy.
Our pets are family... It looks like he was well loved and a happy boy.
I am glad he came into your life , and you were there for him.
Andy

Shepherds are amazing beautiful dogs. Looks like he had a great life. God Bless.

I put my dog down all the time.. especially when I toss it a slice of cheese and it just lands on its head. "You idiot.".

cheesedog.jpg

lol, too soon? and just kidding.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews