JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I bought bought an UltiMAK optic rail on my WASR-10 AK

279E93B9-97CB-428F-9FFD-87DB7DBC7B92.jpeg

Installation was very simple. Had to take off the upper and lower foreends and then put the barrel clips around my barrel. But the lower foreend on and the bolted the new optic rail on.

BC92EF5F-6E93-4DEC-A281-3E86A65F3E16.jpeg

I didn't have to do any modifications to my lower fore-end to make it fit.

CA4B6C19-BDC4-464E-B833-46FEAC811CAB.jpeg
I just need to decide on the optic. I do have an unused SIG Romeo red dot but not sure it would survive for very long. I do have an AimPoint Red dot that I have on my AR, but I can transfer to my AK instead. Then I can put my Romeo red dot on my AR.

Last Edited:
Looks good, but you might want to pay attention to the heat generated off the Ulitmak or even the std gas tube for that matter.
Just a caution...I've had my red dot get pretty warm after some rapid firing.

The last five years have seen a major upgrade in lower tier optics, it use to be a cheap RDS would get fried on an Ulitmak, but these days they seem to alright. On a side note, I tend to prefer a slightly larger dot on my Ulitmak AK because of the forward position (shotguns too because of the nature of the weapon). My AR gets a 2 MOA Aimpoint, but the Ultimak AK, and as mentioned shotgun, get a 4 MOA dot.

Looks good, but you might want to pay attention to the heat generated off the Ulitmak or even the std gas tube for that matter.
Just a caution...I've had my red dot get pretty warm after some rapid firing.

Yes even with standard gas tube gets pretty hot very quickly after doing mag dump or two.

I found that I tightened the UltiMAK rail too tight so my bolt would be left a 1/2" from closing. I loaded some dummy AK rounds and loosened the Allen screws just a touch and my bolt fully closes now. When I put the optic rail I did not do proper function testing. :(

Still haven't shot it and gun I go that you shoot steel cased ammo is most likely closed.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top