JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's an AK, that's pretty mild abuse. Look at how much sustained fire people do to ARs. Sure, you don't want to abuse a match barreled or a hunting rifle but 150 rounds is not a lot IMHO for Kalashnikov.

Brutus out

AK's weren't designed to be princesses. I bought mine to have fun with. If I feel the need to clean it I will get the pressure washer out and then drag it behind my truck for a few miles just for good measure.
Now a nice bolt or lever action, different story. Same pressure washer though.

Yeah, since it is an AK I'm not too worried about it, I do, however, want to baby it as it will probably be the only one I buy and I'd like it to last long enough for me to pass it along to my son (assuming that such things will even be possible in the distant future :mad:)
I was just curious if locking it up in a plastic case while steaming hot was a big no-no. Glad to hear that it's not a big deal.

Not an AK but still a hot barrel.
Back when I was in the army some of us Sergeant types had small radios we could hook on our pistol belts.
My M60 gunner was doing his job just fine during an exercise.
I was next to him , when we got the order to move out , my gunner gets up and turns in my direction , the barrel of the gun cutting thru the handset cord as he does ... That was a hot barrel LOL!
We also had a nice chat about muzzle discipline ...
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews