JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yep, just takes some time with a rasp and sand paper. You can do just about anything, just takes a little time.

Here is a link to a project stock I did. I thought I had some better pics of the channel but I guess not, GunBroker.com Message Forums - 10/22 Stock project with pics (updated) This was the 3rd topic I did. If you click the link at the top it will take you back to my middle thread. If you click the link in that thread it will take you to my first thread.

Nice thing about 10/22 stocks if you mess one up you can find anther for about $25.

I am doing a similar build for my son. I have a Hogue heavy barrel for his 10/22. Should it be free floated, bedded? If so, where?

Normally you would free float the barrel, bed the first 1-1.5 inches of the barrel and the rear of receiver. Adding a pillar for the hold down screw eliminates any compression of the wood.

PICT0002Medium-1.jpg

Theres alot more to it than just hogging it out with a wood rasp,angles seating ect do yourself a favor and check out some of the after market stocks it's already done and done correctly and the multitude of color choices is amazing.

Theres alot more to it than just hogging it out with a wood rasp,angles seating ect do yourself a favor and check out some of the after market stocks it's already done and done correctly and the multitude of color choices is amazing.

What a lot more? I took a factory stock and opened up the barrel channel, was not that hard. What do you have to loose by trying? I got the satisfaction of doing it myself and the fun of doing it.

Just did it to my model 70. Not a big deal
Take a dowel just under an inch,(heavy barrels are .980 right?) wrap it with sand paper and get to it.

Is it that much help to bed a 10 22?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads