JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I built my first AR15 in under 40 minutes, with no special tools, on a wooden cutting board on my bedroom floor, taking my time :s0114: Followed a tutorial video from ar15.com, which was of course very very helpful. Tools used were a hammer, screw driver, kitchen knife, and a drill bit (used as a punch).

The stripped lower was from Surplus Ammo & Arms. The upper kit was from del-ton.com consisting of a 16" lightweight barrel, M4 style stock, and Phantom 5C2 flash hider.

So, if you are thinking about building a rifle, do it! It is extremely simple and a good learning experience as well. :s0155:

Hey BigCat:
Did you find that the result is cheaper than a packaged unit or did you do this to get specialized parts that aren't available on a packaged unit?

I'm asking since I once priced out complete lowers compared to stripped with kits and the later was more expensive.

Hey BigCat:
Did you find that the result is cheaper than a packaged unit or did you do this to get specialized parts that aren't available on a packaged unit?

I'm asking since I once priced out complete lowers compared to stripped with kits and the later was more expensive.

Well, you can find the rifle kits on del-ton.com for your pricing info. They come with everything EXCEPT a stripped lower. That is the route I took. Stripped lowers can be found for less than $75 also.

Sounds like a nice lightweight KISS carbine, my favorite kind! :)

Excuse my ignorance on the term KISS?

Hey BigCat:

depends on where you get the lower...

<broken link removed>

Congratz on your first 'build' and it gets easier the more that you do .... :)

Thanks.

Here are a few bad pictures I took with my cellphone.

The stripped lower and Pmag.

Lower parts kit.

And the finished product. It still has the tag hanging off the barrel :s0114: I think a detachable handle will make this look much more complete.

And here's a picture of my XD9

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top