JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Well, I built my first AR15 in under 40 minutes, with no special tools, on a wooden cutting board on my bedroom floor, taking my time :s0114: Followed a tutorial video from ar15.com, which was of course very very helpful. Tools used were a hammer, screw driver, kitchen knife, and a drill bit (used as a punch).

The stripped lower was from Surplus Ammo & Arms. The upper kit was from del-ton.com consisting of a 16" lightweight barrel, M4 style stock, and Phantom 5C2 flash hider.

So, if you are thinking about building a rifle, do it! It is extremely simple and a good learning experience as well. :s0155:

Hey BigCat:
Did you find that the result is cheaper than a packaged unit or did you do this to get specialized parts that aren't available on a packaged unit?

I'm asking since I once priced out complete lowers compared to stripped with kits and the later was more expensive.

Hey BigCat:
Did you find that the result is cheaper than a packaged unit or did you do this to get specialized parts that aren't available on a packaged unit?

I'm asking since I once priced out complete lowers compared to stripped with kits and the later was more expensive.

Well, you can find the rifle kits on del-ton.com for your pricing info. They come with everything EXCEPT a stripped lower. That is the route I took. Stripped lowers can be found for less than $75 also.

Sounds like a nice lightweight KISS carbine, my favorite kind! :)

Excuse my ignorance on the term KISS?

Hey BigCat:

depends on where you get the lower...

<broken link removed>

Congratz on your first 'build' and it gets easier the more that you do .... :)

Thanks.

Here are a few bad pictures I took with my cellphone.

The stripped lower and Pmag.

Lower parts kit.

And the finished product. It still has the tag hanging off the barrel :s0114: I think a detachable handle will make this look much more complete.

And here's a picture of my XD9

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads