JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Double check that the shell follower is the correct shortie, make sure there is no plug in or on ether end, and that the spring is fully free to move with the shell follower inside the tube and not binding up at the joint or any where else! Finally, Remmy and a few others make most excelent extended chokes, one of them should do the trick in extending barrel length, and help with the appearance! I put a breaches choke on mine and it's perfect!

You guys nailed it. That spring is way too long. Ive got the spring and follower all the way at the back of the magazine and I still have all of this extra hanging out.

IMG_20190106_211334799_HDR.jpg

OK, the plot thickens.
There are several factors I was able to attribute the 3 cartridge extension only accepting 2 extra.

1.) the spring was indeed too long, so I trimmed it back so that it only stuck out 2 inches longer than the entire magazine and tried feeding cartridges... Still only 6.

I was leery of cutting any more of the spring, because if the gun were pointing downward and I cycled it slowly, the spring wouldn't have enough oomph to put the last round into position.

So I tried some other brands of 70mm cartridges. Still no dice.

Just for the heck of it, i compared the 3 brands of 70mm cartridges and found that they were not close to being uniform in length.
(See photo)

I took the shortest of the 3 claiming to be 70 mm and it fed a total of 7 just like it was supposed to all along.

On top of getting that squared away, I cleaned and organized the garage and sorted out 4 toolboxes of tools that had all been thrown into a bin over the last 20 years. I had tools, rifle ammo, car parts, loose nails and nuts and bolts and washers... 4 tape measures, about 100 glue sticks, 7 different kinds of adhesive stuff for caulking to shoe goo, lens cleaner. It was a 6 hour job and required a pot of coffee, but I feel like I actually got some stuff done, and that is a good feeling.

Tomorrow I get to drain and fill the coolant/antifreeze in the I.C.E. on my wife's prius. The car is an 06 and It has never been changed.

Apparently there is a 2nd cooling system arrangement with antifreeze in the Prius to keep the High Voltage system inverter in tolerance as well.

I am just going to do the Standard radiator tomorrow (least I know where my tools are.)

IMG_20190106_222649832_HDR.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads