JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Pretty light weight and reasonably compact little beastie in 223 Wylde (10.5" barrel). Played around with couple different braces. I like length of pull on round tube sig MPX brace the best but much bulkier than the skinny one when folded. Need to get another grip. Some pics to show size for anyone that might be interested in one of these:
IMG_6778.jpg IMG_6784.jpg IMG_6775.jpg IMG_6796.jpg

Last Edited:
I would prefer to have a 12.5" barrel in an ideal world but they only make 10.5, 16, and 18" (for now anyway). I hope they come out with the same thing in 300BO in the future. Bufferless 300BOs from other brands exist but they are all $2k or more.

these complete uppers are $829 and you can put on standard lower (as shown in pics) so that makes them a lot less expensive than sig mcx virtus etc. Not taking anything away from sig, those r great guns. The 16" Complete uppers were $620 on sale right before the ultra panic (thread still visible in the "great deals" classifieds section).

will have to test accuracy on it. Seems that the heavier rounds such as 69 grain are more accurate from what I read (probably due to twist rate). I have some 75 gr, 62, and 55 to test. But accuracy is not really the end all for this type of pistol imo.

I've got one too, been very happy with it. I have the BRN 180 lower too but all the picatinny folding braces are backordered... so I am still using a cheap PSA complete lower in the meantime.

I've got one too, been very happy with it. I have the BRN 180 lower too but all the picatinny folding braces are backordered... so I am still using a cheap PSA complete lower in the meantime.
If you get really desperate you can buy a folding adapter like the SBtactical or sig one (I think they maybe the same one?) that will accept a standard buffer tube. Then all you need is a brace which are inexpensive unless you are picky. I have an original sig mpx (fat boy!) u can have if you go this route (u can replace with thinner one or whatever later). The SB mini brace (shown above) is cheap also. Adapters are $75-$100, you can use an existing tube, and new brace is free to $60ish. But if you are picky (that is ok btw ha ha) and want something like a tailhook mod1/mod2 or one of the newer sbtactical braces they are spendy just for the brace. Of course it's better IMO to get the folding adapter, tube/arm/strut, and brace all together if u can but I'm just throwing out options if u get stuck (FWIW).

Did some playing with gun today (not shooting unfortunately) and number one thing I noticed is how easy it is to carry when folded. The brace that's on it is a standard buffer tube (ie wider than the slim one shown in one of the pics above) but total weight is only 6.2 pounds so it is surprisingly easy to carry with one hand (see pic below). I guess I wasn't expecting that and maybe that is why it's so surprising. Hard to explain unless you pick it up yourself. Best I can describe is all the weight is in one spot so there is no flopping around. Sort of like picking up a small piece of scrap 2x4, or maybe 4x4, except heavier.

Also played around with camo tape just for fun. Totally functional as shown but that is one of those things that as soon as you get to the range you start pulling off pieces that seem to be too much in the way. I did it that way on purpose just for fun to see how much I cna hide with still being totally functional. Probably won't be like that after shooting much. I like that camo tape that you can move from gun to gun (or easily remove and reapply) and no adhesive on the gun's finish (It's like an athletic tape and sticks to itself). Tape manufacturer (gear aid) is out of bremerton as I recall? Note that the tape around end of brace is one piece that is removed with a simple pull, not intended to be on there when brace is deployed.

Also tried to see if it fit in my 5.11 sling bag and was pleased that it did (see pic). It wouldn't fit with suppressor attached though I'm pretty sure. image2.jpeg image1.jpeg image0.jpeg

Last Edited:
Shot this gun the other day side by side with regular 16" AR just for giggles. Could not tell any difference in accuracy (1 Moa stump rested shooting 3 round "bursts" at 100yds) or in recoil. Very fun to shoot in this size. Has that small mp5 size gun feel. For me part of why it's nice to shoot is lack of twang from buffer tube. I like the shot impulse better. It shot spent casings a long ways away. Did not test 69 or 75 grain to see if any diff in accuracy but maybe next time out I'll bring the bean bags and try it at longer range.