JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Economics 101: Everything revolves around the price of fuel...including hunting and shooting

Recreational shooters and hunters — whether they live in Bellevue, Boise, Kalispell or Klamath Falls — have one thing in common besides firearms; they all face another hit to the wallet and the family budget with once-again sharply rising fuel costs.

<broken link removed>

Yes to some degree but lets take an example.

lets say your weekend deer hunting trip involved 500 miles to and from and wandering around while you are then at 15mpg (most newer pickups do this easy some better some worse)

Fuel at 3.00 a gallon 500 miles divided by 15 = 33.5 gallons or roughly $100.00

Fuel at 4.00 a gallon 500 miles divided by 15 = 33.5 gallons or roughly $134.00

And that is an extreme example. If 34.00 bucks is the make or break for a hunting trip then maybe cut out the case of beer and McDonalds along the way.

Sure over the course of a Hunting season that will add up. But there are simple ways to reduce costs. Take a Buddy or two along. Don't buy the Booze don't travel quite as far. Hunt with last years rifle.

Last edited by a moderator:
AK alone has a 500+ year supply of hidden, capped crude for all of North America. In addition oil is abiotic and made by geothermal process and the wells eventually refill

We are being scammed. Wake up people and retake your nation from the bastages who are conning you

Last edited by a moderator:
HEY RUFUS I call BULL on the gas prices in LA Your article mentions a single station with that price and I would also assume its for Premium.

For a reality check try this web site for up to date accurate prices.

Los Angeles Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in California

Yes they are higher then is the norm but lets get real in the average fill up on a Car 10-12 gallons the cost difference between $3.00 a gallon and 4.00 a gallon in only 10-12 bucks. Now if you are going through 2-3+ tanks of gas a week that could bite big time. If you are like most people who commute less then 30 miles a day and drive a car that gets 25mpg your only filling up once every ten days. Or an additional cost to commute of $1.20 a day. Cut out the Starbucks or what ever.

Yes it bites if you drive a 10mpg 4x4 pickup. And commute 50 miles a day. But then you made that choice.

My wife commutes 85 miles a day 5 days a week her car gets about 34mpg is a 97 Saturn and has 250K on the clock she uses 12.5 gallons a week commuting.

I drive a 98 Dakota get 19mpg commute 32 miles a day and use 8.5 gallons a week commuting. I only commute about 7 months out of the year.

I hope the media and oil speculators are wrong on the $5.00 Gas I hope it goes higher I can't think of anything better to point to another BHO failed polices that effects all Americans regardless of party to wake them up and get thier voting mind right. Besides what you put into your tank is a very small cost compared to the impact on consumer product costs. This way we can get the energy inflation cost felt in the price of goods since they like hide it in the inflation index.

We're just about to head for Phoenix in our motorhome towing a Honda Odyssey. We get about 8 mpg if I hold to 60 or so. Unfortunately we're going through CA and visit friends there on the way. I can usually get to the AZ border on one tank (150 gallons). It takes me about two weeks pay to fill the tank, now it'll take more $$. Now I know I'll stay at Wal*Marts to save money!

HEY RUFUS I call BULL on the gas prices in LA Your article mentions a single station with that price and I would also assume its for Premium.

For a reality check try this web site for up to date accurate prices.

Los Angeles Gas Prices - Find Cheap Gas Prices in California

Yes they are higher then is the norm but lets get real in the average fill up on a Car 10-12 gallons the cost difference between $3.00 a gallon and 4.00 a gallon in only 10-12 bucks. Now if you are going through 2-3+ tanks of gas a week that could bite big time. If you are like most people who commute less then 30 miles a day and drive a car that gets 25mpg your only filling up once every ten days. Or an additional cost to commute of $1.20 a day. Cut out the Starbucks or what ever.

Yes it bites if you drive a 10mpg 4x4 pickup. And commute 50 miles a day. But then you made that choice.

My wife commutes 85 miles a day 5 days a week her car gets about 34mpg is a 97 Saturn and has 250K on the clock she uses 12.5 gallons a week commuting.

I drive a 98 Dakota get 19mpg commute 32 miles a day and use 8.5 gallons a week commuting. I only commute about 7 months out of the year.

Just out of curiosity, Mark, who'd you vote for in 2008? Who are you supporting today?

The average price of gas upon Obama's inauguration was $1.84 per gallon. The cost to fill a typical tank of gas has risen about $30 since then.

He has done everything he can to shut down and hinder our own oil production, including his latest refusal to allow the pipeline from Canada. His administration shut down drilling in Utah which had already gone through the complete approval process.

He shut down drilling in the Gulf and those rigs moved to Brazil and Asia and they aren't coming back. We actually loaned Brazil $billions to get their offshore drilling going after we shut ours down.

Even if oil was dirt cheap, we still shouldn't be sending hundreds of $billions to the ME to countries which hate us. We should be keeping that money at home where our own oil and gas production would create about $1 trillion in jobs each year.

We need more refineries. We are importing refined gasoline. That's ridiculous.

We have more oil reserves than all of the rest of the world combined. Period. This is crazy.

Please correct me if I'm wrong here, but wasn't that pipe line from Canada just to get THEIR oil/gas to the Gulf so Canada could make billions shipping it off to the highest bidders?? The US getting no benefits what so ever from the pipe line? Only some temporary jobs while the pipe line was being built, and a few jobs after completion?

Mike

I see that this thread is full of general confusion and claims made with a lack of background.

"We" do not produce millions of barrels of crude from Alaska, this land is leased by private companies (some foreign) that extract oil, transport, and sell to the where the market price is the highest. This is run by simple economics, not by our .gov. I get a laugh every time someone complains that America is selling its oil to China when we could be keeping it here to lower our fuel prices. Do you really think a free enterprise is going to saturate a market here to lower prices when they can make more selling elsewhere?

Also as far as gas being more expensive in LA, this is because major metro areas/regions are required to have special blends made to reduce emissions for their specific climate, this is why gas is cheaper in Montana than LA. Period.

Also as far as gas being more expensive in LA, this is because major metro areas/regions are required to have special blends made to reduce emissions for their specific climate, this is why gas is cheaper in Montana than LA. Period.

I won't argue that oil is developed for a profit motive but then I never had a problem with capitalism. If we produced a lot more oil here, and we do have more oil than all of the rest of the countries in the world combined, we could drive the price down. Our oil companies are buying oil from the ME at prices dictated by OPEC and they are going to mark it up and make a profit. We could flood the market with oil and therefore supply. We don't have to put up with OPEC.

We also shouldn't be buying refined gasoline. Those refinery jobs should be here.

Not only that, but I'd have no problem with our government selling oil leases with a requirement that the oil stay here. It's our oil.

As for the price of oil in Montana vs Kalif, don't forget that the combined taxes on a gallon of gas in Kalif is 67.5 cents, but in Montana it's "just" 46.2 cents. That's 21 cents right there, not counting the state's requirements for "special" gas. So it isn't "period."

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top