JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
10 years ago was convicted of a class b felony. In sept. I petitioned the courts and got the prohibition to posses and purchase firearms lifted with no limitation on the firearms. My lawyer talked to the Feds and they said they would follow state orders. Now my question is anyone here been through this process or know anyone that has. My main concern is when I try to buy a gun and they do the background check. The state had 30 days to update there data base on me. The state don't worry me though as much as the Feds. Sure they said they would follow state but will they really. I dont want Feds showing up at my door. Should I be concerned or will evry thing go as they say.

I was denied on my first purchase after having m rights restored. A quick call by my FFL to the NICS and he was told in a round about way that I needed to call the state patrol. They still had a flag in their system or some such thing. It was as easy as that. I continued to get delays for the next ten purchases or so. Before all this I got my CPL, so that helped with getting the FFL to assist in questioning the NICS woman. Good luck to ya!

You will most likely be delayed, but it you wait it out they will update all the databases. If you get denied you can challenge it. Either way you will get the gun and the system will be corrected so you don't have to go through it again.

If you have gone this far see what happens. If you get hung up then work towards the UPIN (Unique Personal Identifier Number) that would be my two bits.

Thanks for the input. I just don't want any surprises or Feds showing up at my house. I realize there may be hold ups and delays. The state had 30 days to update there data base but don't know much at federal level. I do cary my paper work still when I'm out with guns just in case. 10 years without guns was the worst punishment I could ever receive. Sitting in prison for 2 years sounds better to me. Up till about 4 months ago I didn't think I would ever be legal agin. I'm very protective now of my rights and dint wanna do anything that may risk losing them agin.
What does FTF stand for?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads