JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This has got to be one the most often repeated "hoaxes, or just plain poor information" that is regularly posted to gun groups. That USPS M/O are somehow a "safe way" to pay. The only investigation they are going to do is if the buyer says the damn thing never got to where it was going. If the seller cashed it all they are going to do for the buyer is tell them it was cashed. I have watched for decades now people telling others its somehow "safe" since its sold by a gov agency. I guess with information at their fingertips anyone who gets burned any more only has themselves to blame. Still hate to keep seeing people post over and over again how these things are a safe way to pay. :s0092:
USPS money orders: the original crypto currency. 100% verified by the blockhead chain.

This has got to be one the most often repeated "hoaxes, or just plain poor information" that is regularly posted to gun groups. That USPS M/O are somehow a "safe way" to pay. The only investigation they are going to do is if the buyer says the damn thing never got to where it was going. If the seller cashed it all they are going to do for the buyer is tell them it was cashed. I have watched for decades now people telling others its somehow "safe" since its sold by a gov agency. I guess with information at their fingertips anyone who gets burned any more only has themselves to blame. Still hate to keep seeing people post over and over again how these things are a safe way to pay. :s0092:
I've had PMOs get lost in the mail. I filed a lost PMO report and after two months or so I got a refund. Happened twice. The misconception about PMOs is that if you purchase something with a PMO and you as the buyer do not receive the item that the postal service will investigate and prosecute mail fraud charges. They don't do that.

I've had PMOs get lost in the mail. I filed a lost PMO report and after two months or so I got a refund. Happened twice. The misconception about PMOs is that if you purchase something with a PMO and you as the buyer do not receive the item that the postal service will investigate and prosecute mail fraud charges. They don't do that.
YEP! That misconception is in large part due to people going on line and telling people this year after year. Some read this and without bothering to really check just believe it since they see it so many times. Then of course when something happens and they go to try to get "help" they find out they should have not just believed it because someone on the net told them. :(

this is all true

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads