JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A retired Army buddy of mine has a problem…she lives in an RV as her physical address. Her Florida issued driver's license has her vehicle tag number, then the city and zip code where she is registered to vote. She has a mail service where she receives her mail. She's being told that because her physical address is not a house/sticks-n-bricks, and they wouldn't be able to find her, she can't buy a pistol in Florida. Does this sound right? Does anyone have a solution?

Not trying to be unhelpful, but sounds better asked of people in Florida. Different places have different regulations. If nothing else, free bump and maybe will have some idea.

Could be. Who's holding the state accountable for denying the individual her 2a rights?

Who's to say she didn't move her RV on a friend's premises for what she thought was an going to be an extended stay?

Right, his friend could also say she is a sovereign citizen too and go on a tirade about her 2nd amendment rights. It will just result in being dragged out of her RV and arrested, charged with a class C felony since carrying without a permit there is just that and there is not open carry unless participating in outdoor activities like camping, fishing, hiking, etc.

The courts aren't denying her rights. The law allows for reasonable restrictions (which I don't agree with) such as background checks from an FFL, paperwork, permits, and being able to find her.

I'm just saying in the .00001 % chance they look into it (doubtful), it could become a problem for her that causes her to LOSE her rights.

But yes, in theory, she could get away with that.

Last Edited:
She's being told that because her physical address is not a house/sticks-n-bricks, and they wouldn't be able to find her, she can't buy a pistol in Florida.

"they wouldn't be able to find her...."

form-4473.png
STOP and think about THAT for a moment.

Aloha, Mark

Suggested that (we have another retired Army buddy in nearby FL), but also cautioned her it looks sketchy and might attract scrutiny. Told here better bet was to have him buy and she buy off him (if private sales are legal in FL).

Sweet Jebus. That's even worse, it's a straw purchase....MAJOR felony...you guys should really educate yourselves more on the law surrounding this stuff.

Suggested that (we have another retired Army buddy in nearby FL), but also cautioned her it looks sketchy and might attract scrutiny. Told here better bet was to have him buy and she buy off him (if private sales are legal in FL).
The issue is then straw purchase, which is illegal anywhere you go...

Sweet Jebus. That's even worse, it's a straw purchase....MAJOR felony...you guys should really educate yourselves more on the law surrounding this stuff.
Forums like this is how people engage in conversations that allow open conversation about subjects like firearm laws, regulations, and policy. It also helps to be open and accepting that somebody else may have a different knowledge base than you.
Doesn't matter how right you are if you make a poor delivery it will be rejected.

Forums like this is how people engage in conversations that allow open conversation about subjects like firearm laws, regulations, and policy. It also helps to be open and accepting that somebody else may have a different knowledge base than you.
Doesn't matter how right you are if you make a poor delivery it will be rejected.

He didn't ask if that's OK. He posted that this is what he told her to do instead...without asking anybody here. Seems like that fact is lost on you Mr. "people come here to ask questions". The appropriate thing to do is know basic laws. You shouldn't walk around not knowing basics that are clearly posted at every FFL where you buy a gun about straw purchases. Educating yourself on gun laws to keep your friends out of trouble is a must, rather than giving them bad advice that could land them in prison for TEN YEARS.

Furthermore, all of the advice he received in here was to commit a felony by perjuring herself. Then he tells his friends to do a straw purchase, which is even worse. I'm the only person here who gave factual and sensible advice and you want to attack me for it. What a joke. Regardless of what your subjective opinion is about delivery. Your comment is not only illogical as he never asked about this he just told her to do it, and the way your presentation comes across seems very authoritarian as if you rule the world and are the only one allowed to speak and dictate what and how anyone speaks. Welcome to my ignore list.

Last Edited:
I'll respond anyway...
Supposing the suggestion on an open forum is an invitation to affirmation or denial of such, so implicitly the question was asked. If you want to ignore me because I called you out on being rash, you're only proving my point.

He didn't ask if that's OK. He posted that this is what he told her to do instead...without asking anybody here. The appropriate thing to do is know basic laws. You shouldn't walk around not knowing basics that are clearly posted at every FFL where you buy a gun about straw purchases. Educating yourself on gun laws to keep your friends out of trouble is a must. Regardless of what your subjective opinion is about delivery. Your comment is not only illogical as he never asked about this he just told her to do it, and the way your presentation comes across seems very authoritarian. Welcome to my ignore list.
:s0114:

He didn't ask if that's OK. He posted that this is what he told her to do instead...without asking anybody here. Seems like that fact is lost on you Mr. "people come here to ask questions". The appropriate thing to do is know basic laws. You shouldn't walk around not knowing basics that are clearly posted at every FFL where you buy a gun about straw purchases. Educating yourself on gun laws to keep your friends out of trouble is a must, rather than giving them bad advice that could land them in prison for TEN YEARS.

Furthermore, all of the advice he received in here was to commit a felony by perjuring herself. Then he tells his friends to do a straw purchase, which is even worse. I'm the only person here who gave factual and sensible advice and you want to attack me for it. What a joke. Regardless of what your subjective opinion is about delivery. Your comment is not only illogical as he never asked about this he just told her to do it, and the way your presentation comes across seems very authoritarian as if you rule the world and are the only one allowed to speak and dictate what and how anyone speaks. Welcome to my ignore list.
You sound like that guy from Billy Madison. :D https://hooktube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c

To be fair, https://hooktube.com/watch?v=r8pnec4Hxps
:s0140:

OK, that was a little mean, and maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but I just couldn't help myself. :D

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top