JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll respond anyway...
Supposing the suggestion on an open forum is an invitation to affirmation or denial of such, so implicitly the question was asked. If you want to ignore me because I called you out on being rash, you're only proving my point.

:s0114:

I just started using my ignore list, he was the first one to go on it.

Agree you don't want to have anyone doing any straw purchasing.

Since private sales w/o FFL are legal in Florida, perhaps she could peruse the classifieds on any forums or even Armslist in FL? Have her friend go with her to the sale to check out the firearm if that would make her more comfortable?

@srxfan has it. "

"Have her friend go with her to the sale to check out the firearm if that would make her more comfortable?"
This is perfect. The only problem I see is, most of us will not sell to someone without a FL CWP.

He didn't ask if that's OK. He posted that this is what he told her to do instead...without asking anybody here. Seems like that fact is lost on you Mr. "people come here to ask questions". The appropriate thing to do is know basic laws. You shouldn't walk around not knowing basics that are clearly posted at every FFL where you buy a gun about straw purchases. Educating yourself on gun laws to keep your friends out of trouble is a must, rather than giving them bad advice that could land them in prison for TEN YEARS.

Furthermore, all of the advice he received in here was to commit a felony by perjuring herself. Then he tells his friends to do a straw purchase, which is even worse. I'm the only person here who gave factual and sensible advice and you want to attack me for it. What a joke. Regardless of what your subjective opinion is about delivery. Your comment is not only illogical as he never asked about this he just told her to do it, and the way your presentation comes across seems very authoritarian as if you rule the world and are the only one allowed to speak and dictate what and how anyone speaks. Welcome to my ignore list.

Wow. Just wow. :rolleyes:

Bushman is correct and I was wrong in advising her to do such!!! (straw purchase) I was of the understanding that is was a straw purchase if the person was "a prohibited person" from owning a firearm. I thank Bushman and the others who brought up the point it would be an illegal act. Rest assured that we don't move out on firearms purchases without checking law...

An update on her story - they went to a different dealer who had her background check done and completed in about 20 minutes and they will be legally picking up there pistols on Saturday. (Don't ask me how her BC was done so quickly)

Bushman is correct and I was wrong in advising her to do such!!! (straw purchase) I was of the understanding that is was a straw purchase if the person was "a prohibited person" from owning a firearm. I thank Bushman and the others who brought up the point it would be an illegal act. Rest assured that we don't move out on firearms purchases without checking law...

An update on her story - they went to a different dealer who had her background check done and completed in about 20 minutes and they will be legally picking up there pistols on Saturday. (Don't ask me how her BC was done so quickly)
They're quick if you don't have so much as a speeding ticket to look at. ;)

ATF's definition of state of residence is very straight forward. U have to be physically in the state and have the intention of living there as I recall (easy to look up). State of Florida may have a different definition. U would need to look that up urself or ask someone who knows Florida's definition.

You've shown some real character with this statement. I hope you stick around.

Last Edited:

I've never had to wait any longer than that.
Gabby

True statement. Florida still allows private sales without having to use an FFL like here in Oregon.

That may change but currently still true.

Have you tried to make a private sale or purchase here in Oregun lately?
You have to go thru a FFL and the buyer has to have a background check run, I know from personal experience.
I bought a pistol from a PP and had to jump thru the hoops. Did it at Fox Firearms in Grants Pass.
I've heard of people doing the private sale thing in a parking lot, but it can get dicy if you try to sell it or the police get involved and start to ask questions you can't answer.
Gabby

Have you tried to make a private sale or purchase here in Oregun lately?
You have to go thru a FFL and the buyer has to have a background check run, I know from personal experience.
I bought a pistol from a PP and had to jump thru the hoops. Did it at Fox Firearms in Grants Pass.
I've heard of people doing the private sale thing in a parking lot, but it can get dicy if you try to sell it or the police get involved and start to ask questions you can't answer.
Gabby

Senate Bill 941, signed into law by Governor Brown on May 11, 2015, as the Oregon Firearms Safety Act, adds the requirement of a background check for firearm transfers between private parties to existing law with exception to certain family members but that is not the case in Florida which is what the OP is asking about.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top